Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor on a Dillon 550

Site Supporter

6.5 Creedmoor on a Dillon 550

Name:  AO_65CM_3.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  52.3 KB

I am shooting a lot of 6.5 Creedmoor. I have been reloading 6.5 CM on a Dillon 550 but weighing the charges. I decided to speed up the process and use the Dillon powder drop. The attached picture shows one of my best groups ever (top right) and this was loaded on the Dillon 550 with the Dillon powder drop. Hornady brass, Fed 210 primers, H4350 powder, "blem" Nosler 140 Custom Competitions. This was on my custom Accurate Ordnance 6.5 Creedmoor in its new XLR chassis off Harris bipod and rear bag.

Holy cow, that's some nice shooting!

Ross Seyfried used a Dillon to load the ammo in his quest for 1 MOA groups in a Hamilton Bowen revolver many years ago.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

No need to weigh for practical precision rifle

For PRS type shooting I do not believe you need to weigh as long as you have a good powder measure and check it. I have confirmed this in my rifle. But it’s a laser........

I cannot speak to shooting past 1000y and definitely not benchrest.

User Tag List