Thread: Safariland 6360 Holster Issues

Safariland 6360 Holster Issues

So my department issues a non-light bearing 6360 holster which is good holster but I now have the option of running an x300 so I ordered a 6360 light bearing holster great right. Well I get the new holster in and run into an issue if the gun has even a micron of tension being placed on it upwards (out of the holster) the als locking system just completely locks up and will not release the pistol. I never had that issue with my non light-bearing holster, so I did some experimenting.

Today I took the als lock system out of each holster and low and behold they are different even in part numbers. The non light bearing (6360-219) has an als that has the part number of gl-01 (glock?!?!) and the light 6360-2192 has an als lock system with part number sw-01. So I switched them, with the gl-01 in the 6360-2192 the gun comes out smooth and fantastic and still locks up good, with the sw-01 in the 6360-219 (non-light) I have the same issue where the pistol just locks up in there.
    Well the sw-01 has a bump up by the tension screw which is the first thing I noticed so I thought well maybe thats it so I filed it down, no go same problem. Upon closer inspection the area that actually locks onto the slide near the ejection port there are ridges on each side of the gl-01 als and on the sw-01 it is completely smooth soI am thinking this is the issue.

I called safariland customer service and the lady didn’t seem to understand my concern or question and asked the model number for the 6360 light bearing to make sure it was the right holster for my pistol (well no crap it was) and then I was like well I want another one for an off duty training set up but I don’t want it to be impossiable to remove the gun is there anyway I can order the gl-01 als part to which she said no that if there is a problem with the als I would have to send the entire holster in which will probably just get me the same sw-01 part that I am having issues with.

Does anyone else run either of these holsters if so would you look at it and see which als part number is in yours. I guess a solution would be to go buy a glock 6360 if it has the gl-01 part and switch it out with the sw-01 if I need to but that’s an expensive fix.

gl-01

sw-01
    Last edited by karmapolice; 04-18-2012 at 12:09 PM.

That's strange that the holsters have two different numbered/size ALS locking parts but are both for an M&P. Worst case scenario, you could always buy a cheap/used 6377/6378 and take the ALS guts out of it instead of buying another expensive 6360, presumably the ALS part itself would be the same whether it was a WML or non-WML version. I have a 6377 (non-WML) for my Glock 22 and it has the GL-01 labeled ALS part. I see them going for $20-25 used on ebay pretty frequently. If I come across one I'll PM you the info.
    Last edited by MD7305; 04-18-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling

PM Dave Pennington on here.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Well I get the new holster in and run into an issue if the gun has even a micron of tension being placed on it upwards (out of the holster) the als locking system just completely locks up and will not release the pistol.
    I am having the same issue with a non light bearing ALS (6377) for the Glock 19/23 - They told me to send it back for them to look at.

I love the Safariland products when they can actually be obtained. Obtaining them has become more and more of a problem, and if there is any issue, their "customer service" becomes a whole new problem. My recent experience with them is outlined in this thread:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ght=safariland

The experience at the above link has shaken my confidence in the company, and now I am looking at alternative products.

If you're still wondering let me know. I've got a 6360 that has been my duty holster for the last 3 or 4 years now. It's obviously an older sample but I'd be happy to check. I can say that I've never experienced the 'locking up' problem if upward pressure is applied when drawing the pistol from the holster.

Also, mine is a light bearing model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I copied your post to Bill Rogers. He will know the appropriate part and a possible fix. When I hear back, I will let you know.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

PM sent to OP regarding a spare GL01 I have laying around.

User Tag List