Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting Goggles?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Do you recall which model ? If it was the Outside The Wire Model they offer a version with built in fans for just this reason.
    Yup, the OTW.

I have a pair of Smith ski goggles with the fan. It works reasonably OK for preventing my rx glasses from fogging up. Dunno if they would be effective for summer sweat. They broke once already quite easily, I am not terribly impressed with the durability.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I've been wearing the Oakley Wind Jacket the past 6-7 years, has a removable gasket to make it goggle like, which as worked well. I also have a pair of the Smith Boogie Regulator Goggles I've tried but they never fit me well, but they're low profile and work well with earpro.

When the better half started wearing prescription glasses she stole my shop goggles:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-S...-11C/202220499

The price is right anyway :-)

I didn't have a lot of fogging problems with them, but then I'm in a pretty dry climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The main issue with goggles is working around active ear pro muffs.
    That's hardly an issue. Some of us find the silence that cheap foam plugs bring to be a blessing. And if you must insist, there's in-ear protection that amplifies ambient sound.

In any case, what people here commonly refer to "active" ear pro is not at all. Active electronic hearing protection generates a sound pulse equal in amplitude and 180 degrees out of phase with the incoming sound and projects it into the ear cup (after accounting for the passive NRR of the cups themselves).

I know of high end audio and communication headsets that do so. I don't know of any shooting ear pro that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That's hardly an issue. Some of us find the silence that cheap foam plugs bring to be a blessing...
    And others of us won’t shoot without both foam plugs and electronic muffs. Double up, or go home, bro.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Double up, or go home, bro.
    Okay, bro

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Maybe goggles isn't the right term? See how these https://warriorinc.com/products/bolle-combat-kit are, where you take off the arms and connect a strap instead what would that style be called?
    Oakley used to make some similar to these and I wore them for years while on SWAT. They worked with earpro, helmet, etc, and I didn't have problems with them fogging up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That's hardly an issue. Some of us find the silence that cheap foam plugs bring to be a blessing.
    The audiologists told me to wear both when shooting, because bone conducts sound, too. Ear plugs alone are not sufficient protection. I've had permanent damage and tinnitus in both ears for a long time. I'd like to keep the hearing I have for as long as possible.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I mostly use glasses but I have tried a couple different goggles including the pair I have now. I bought them before going to ECQC 2 years ago as I expected more active use and less likely to fall off. They worked OK but it was 103 degree heat index every day so they still fogged up even with anti fog treatment. They also didn't have as much peripheral vision or downward vision in the up close engagements so somewhat limiting. They were however secure,comfortable,zero issue with active ear pro and not expensive.

User Tag List