Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92a1 feeding and ejection issues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    The takedown lever behaviour is normal.

The other stuff is not... what does it do with the Speer exactly?
    It ran with the Speer +p but that was after I cleaned and re-lubed it. It was also with 15 round mags.

My dealer had a second used 92a1 in stock and swapped out the gun. I’ll test the replacement tomorrow.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-24-2019 at 01:25 AM.

The behavior of the takedown lever is normal for a 92A1. The cratered look of the primer is totally normal for a 92. Everyone I have does that, but the pierced primer is something else. You might try a new recoil spring if you haven't all ready. The gun looks like it may have some timing issues. Perhaps a new firing pin spring too.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-24-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Ran the replacement gun today with all the aforementioned mag types and ammo. No issues. This one’s going under the tree.

Pro- this gun seems to have better extractor tension. Con- the trigger out of the box isn’t as nice as the first one but I have a spare D spring and TJIAB makes a nice birthday present.

Thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-24-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Sounds like you've got it sorted out. My only suggestion, since it was not mentioned before, would be to remove the extractor and clean out underneath it. I learned that from someone on this site, and my son's used 92F had a lot of gunk in there.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ok, so I cleaned and relubed the gun. First thing I noticed was the takedown was “funny.” When the offside button is pressed and the takedown lever is rotated it will move all the way down to the 6 o’clock position but then pop back up to the 5 o’clock. When the slide is released it does not come off or go forward as normal. It stays in place until the takedown lever is rotated from 5 o’clock to the full 6 o’clock position.

Attachment 46204

Attachment 46205

Extractor tension seems ok. Recoil spring seems fine. The gun appeard to have had few if any rounds through it so the wear on the interior locking surfaces is incongruous with the condition of the rest of the gun.

There are no actual burrs but the area of the frame where the barrel barrel feet and locking blocks contact the frame has unusual wear patterns and sharp edges on both the frame and one side of the takedown lever. In particular the pocket for the locking block just ahead of the trigger has extremely sharp edges.

Attachment 46206

Attachment 46208

Attachment 46207

Attachment 46209

Attachment 46210

Attachment 46212

The left side wear on the interior of the takedown lever:

Attachment 46211

Gun is marked as made in Utaky in 2017

Attachment 46213
    As I like to say, that gun is dry as a popcorn fart. I would bet if you lubed it properly, frame rails, locking block and barrel rails in the frame it would run just fine. It is an all-metal gun and it needs lubrication.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    As I like to say, that gun is dry as a popcorn fart. I would bet if you lubed it properly, frame rails, locking block and barrel rails in the frame it would run just fine. It is an all-metal gun and it needs lubrication.
    As noted, the gun was lightly lubed when I got it. The photos were after cleaning and before re-lubing to best show the wear pattern.

Regardless, lube doesn’t account for the pierced primers.

If the gun was for me I might have messed around with it longer. The replacement 92A1 is running fine with the same mags and ammunition types.

I chose this gun over the other used 92a1 because the trigger pull was nicer but a TJIAB will make a nice birthday present.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-03-2020 at 03:21 PM.

User Tag List