Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 triggers

Glock 43X/48 triggers

I’d like to replace the trigger shoe on my 48. The serrated trigger face is rough on my finger on high round count days.

Does an Apex trigger shoe reduce take up any or compromise safety in any way? I’m just looking at the shoe, no kits or anything?

Is there any other after market trigger shoe that leaves all factory safeties in place?

If not, will a Glock 17 trigger shoe fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I’d like to replace the trigger shoe on my 48. The serrated trigger face is rough on my finger on high round count days.

Does an Apex trigger shoe reduce take up any or compromise safety in any way? I’m just looking at the shoe, no kits or anything?

Is there any other after market trigger shoe that leaves all factory safeties in place?

The Apex kits are actually drop safe. They dont just market it as such. They do their own drop testing in house. I am 100% confident that an Apex trigger lives up to their claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

It’s easy to push out the blind pin and swap the trigger shoe. That’s what I did on mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s easy to push out the blind pin and swap the trigger shoe. That’s what I did on mine.
    Same here... replaced the annoying OEM serrated trigger with a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger VTCT-001 Gen 3-4. Piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s my plan. On apex’s sit it says something about reducing overall travel with just the trigger shoe though, that’s what makes me nervous. I don’t want to reduce any take up and especially don’t want to compromise any of the factory safeties.

I'm using the Overwatch Precision PolyDat, which does reduce travel. However, searching out some of Tom Jones's posts on the subject, I'm confident that factory safety values are maintained.

I used smooth Glock triggers on my guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I use SSVI on mine.

No association or connection... if it can be Apex'd, do it.

My Glock actually came out with a longer initial trigger pull than the stock with a 3.5lb connector, but the reset is crisp (debatable usefulness), and overall a much easier set up to use.

On two S&W Shields, 3 S&W J-frames, a G19, and a CZ-75 which have Apex goodness and thrilled with each one.

I trust apex and overwatch too. I however did the same thing by just swapping a oem smooth face trigger shoe in my standard g43.

User Tag List