Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear Orion vs JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 for AWIB Glock 19

Dark Star Gear Orion vs JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 for AWIB Glock 19

Hi,

Can anyone provide feedback as I'm trying to decide on the Dark Star Gear Orion vs JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 for my Glock 19 in AWIB. I'm not running a light and the G19 is completely stock. I've read where the Glock 34 length helps with comfort/concealment on the Orion and would probably choose this length. Would you recommend this length on the JMCK Claw 2.0 as well? I also plan to use the Dark Wing and Discreet Carry Concepts MOD 4U clips with these holsters. Thanks in advance.

https://darkstargear.com/product/g34-aiwbiwb/

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWBWC2-G19.html

Thanks

In either case, a G17 length would likely be better. Both holsters will be fine. Difference is the attachment layout. DSG allows for loops and clips, JM has the clips spread out. I think either way you'll be just fine.

(I own Dark Star Gear)
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Both are great holsters!

Both are outstanding holsters but, realistically, I don't think you can know which is "best" for you until you've tried each. Kind of why most of us have a box of holsters.

The high quality of both makers is also why none of my DSG or JMCK holsters have been sold or traded away.

Good luck. You can't go wrong either way, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Do the wider attachment points help with concealing? Do the rotate and pull the firearm in closer to the body?

Quote Originally Posted by southshark2016 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. Do the wider attachment points help with concealing? Do the rotate and pull the firearm in closer to the body?
    I'm not sure anyone can answer that for you. In my case, the DSG does a better job of rotating the grip in with the claw installed. The other benefit of the DSG that really jumped out at me was more flexibility to move the holster around toward and away from my center-line to find the sweet spot. The wider attachment points of the JM were limited by my belt loops and button/fly seam on my pants. Both are great designs, but it's tough to say which will work best for you until you try them.

The wider attachment point may help with the sight channel side loop concealing a bit better but they don't affect the grip rotation into the body. As others have said, you will do fine with either (Dark Star makes really good holsters) but ultimately you will be the one to decide which works better for your body style.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Hi,

Can anyone provide feedback as I'm trying to decide on the Dark Star Gear Orion vs JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 for my Glock 19 in AWIB. I'm not running a light and the G19 is completely stock. I've read where the Glock 34 length helps with comfort/concealment on the Orion and would probably choose this length. Would you recommend this length on the JMCK Claw 2.0 as well? I also plan to use the Dark Wing and Discreet Carry Concepts MOD 4U clips with these holsters. Thanks in advance.

https://darkstargear.com/product/g34-aiwbiwb/

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWBWC2-G19.html

Thanks

I rotate between a 19x, 17, and 19. All carried in a JM Custom 2.5, 34 length.

No experience with DSG.

I prefer 34 length, I’m 6’4”, 255lbs for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either would be a great choice—I love my JMCK 2.5 and V Dev Gru Seraph (which IIRC is a customized DSG). Also prefer the DSG Dark Wing over the Mod Wing.

You might also consider a Tenicor VELO, which uses the DCC clips. I find the molded, angled “Body Contour” wedge to work quite well.

That said, I tend to favor the wider clip positioning offered by the JMCK. My ideal would probably be a JMCK 2.5 with pull-the-dot loops, wide hold pattern, Dark Wing, and a Body Contour style wedge.

I have both for my G19 and both holsters are outstanding. I don't need the longer length of a 17 or 34 holster. You can't go wrong either way.

User Tag List