Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Star Gear Orion vs JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 for AWIB Glock 19

The only way to know what will work for you is to try them both.

I use a JMCK 2.5 Glock 34 holster to carry my 19 in. I have tried others over the years but I keep coming back to the JMCK. For reference I am 6'4" and 300 lbs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamautry; 12-26-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have G19 holsters from both makers, and they are both excellent holsters. Whichever will work best for you is subjective and difficult to determine in advance. I prefer the wider spacing of the loops/clips on the JMCK holsters for my G19, but I think the DSG holster with a clip might be "my perfect G26 holster." (I don't have one with a clip, so I'm speculating on that last point.)

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

for my habitus the two finest AIWB holsters hands down, are the dark star orion/rigel and JMCK 2.5. my suggestion to anyone considering these holsters is to get both. i'm also impressed by the Henry Holster Spark (Glock w/TLR-1), which checks every box including pull-the-dot loops for $65 shipped it gets points for such a bargain.

Both are great choices. I'd suggest a G17 length to start if you want to go with a longer holster.

Quote Originally Posted by southshark2016 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. Do the wider attachment points help with concealing? Do the rotate and pull the firearm in closer to the body?
    I've been wearing JMCK AIWB 2.0 for just about everything. Usually carrying a B92 variant in a M9A1 holster or more recently a P30 in a P30L holster (which is about G17 length). I do not like narrow spacing of attachment points, especially for the B92. I feel that the weight of the metal frame and 18 round magazine causes the grip to sag down towards the belt line more easily if the attachments are too narrowly spaced.

I don't generally carry Glocks, but I do own a few and have had JMCK holsters made for them just to have. For me, the short G19/P30 length holsters do not work for me. The G17/B92 Centurion/P30L length holsters feel more stable and conceal better. The G34/B92 full length size holster is the best for concealment and stability, but occasionally I can squeeze my sack a little bit if I sit down too fast or close my legs very quickly. I am about 6'1 in height.

I have both of these holsters and my personal preference is the JMC 2.0. It conceals much better for me, in fact I have yet to find any holster that conceals as well as the 2.0. I use a wedge and I do not dress around my gun by wearing close that are too big, I will wear regular shirts for whatever that's worth. The DS is a good holster but for me it doesn't conceal as well and the biggest issue I have is the holster will move slightly. The clip doesn't secure the gun nearly as well for me. In fact I have a JMC with a similar clip and don't have the same problem. I have 2- 2.0's, one with a solid clip and one with the 2 discreet clips. The discreet clips for me are the preferred way to go as well as the JMC wing 2.0. YMMV.

I run a G19 5 days a week in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.0. It is excellent. Can't recommend it enough.

I have used both. The DSG is a really good holster, but the Wing Claw 2.0 with the DSG foam wedge and DCC clips is a great holster and edges the DSG Orion.

User Tag List