Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We now have a Space Force!?

We now have a Space Force!?

Sorry, maybe we need it but all I can think about is that 1980s cartoon series.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/polit...rce/index.html

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Sorry, maybe we need it but all I can think about is that 1980s cartoon series.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/polit...rce/index.html

cc
    We’ve had a space force for a long time. The changes simply restructure it to a more practical organization. Liberal complaints aside, space is the next theatre of combat whether we like it or not. This was a needed step regardless of who’s in the White House.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Should be glad to know there are now specific people to protect Uranus.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Should be glad to know there are now specific people to protect Uranus.
    Literally came here to make this same joke! Dammit.

On a serious note, yeah we've had a Space Force for a while, it was just called US Space Command, it is/was a MAJCOM like USSOCOM. What this does is restructure Space Command into its own branch, which I'm not really sure if we need it or not. My concern as a member of the USAF, the primary agency in Space Command is the new branch cannibalizing money from us that we really need to keep our planes flying.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

On a serious note, yeah we've had a Space Force for a while, it was just called US Space Command, it is/was a MAJCOM like USSOCOM. What this does is restructure Space Command into its own branch, which I'm not really sure if we need it or not. My concern as a member of the USAF, the primary agency in Space Command is the new branch cannibalizing money from us that we really need to keep our planes flying.
    Full disclosure: KellyinAvon, SMSgt, USAF (Retired). The flip side to that is, are the fighter jocks taking resources from Space? I don't know how this will work, having spent three years at HQ ACC which included PBD 720 and CSAR coming back to ACC from AFSOC (I was very involve with both) I can guarantee it will be uglier than homemade sin.

Our archaic weaponry will be a very real threat to the greys pffffft. Oh that is right, they don't exist, because that would mean our governments can't really protect us and we would realize they serve no real purpose in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Full disclosure: KellyinAvon, SMSgt, USAF (Retired). The flip side to that is, are the fighter jocks taking resources from Space? I don't know how this will work, having spent three years at HQ ACC which included PBD 720 and CSAR coming back to ACC from AFSOC (I was very involve with both) I can guarantee it will be uglier than homemade sin.
    I'm just a CATM dude, but based on my experiences with fighter jocks, I'm pretty sure they think that any money that doesn't go towards ACC is wasted.

Someone in the Army probably had the same concern in 1947. I’m confident we’ll figure it out with time.
    One things sure; the Russians and Chinese found money to stand up their space forces. We should do no less.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't know nothing about nothing...but as an outsider I think it's pretty damned cool. I'm a firm believer we won't remain tethered to this planet forever. The need to explore coupled with just how damned smart some people are (and the force multiplier of computers getting better and better to help those smart people do smart things) is incredible. I usually feel quite blessed to be born when and where I was, but man sometimes I wonder on the adventures I'm not going to be around for.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I'm just a CATM dude, but based on my experiences with fighter jocks, I'm pretty sure they think that any money that doesn't go towards ACC is wasted.
    The zipper-suited Sun-Gods rarely can see past their own radome. Not just a CATM dude, a USAF Cop who actually has personality! I always enjoyed the days I went to qualify on M16.

User Tag List