Thread: Krudo Knives?

Site Supporter

Krudo Knives?

This thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....206#post969206

led me to this page:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KRK...n-fiber-inlays

and THAT leads me to this question:

Are Krudo knives any good? I'm a little bit in love with the Feroce right now and I'm probably going to have a beer or two tonight so...before I do something impulsive, I figured I'd at least ask if it would be impulsive and stupid or just impulsive.

They follow the proven mold of ‘martial guy designs knives, Chinese guys make them.’ That said, the fit and finish on mine is very good, with carbon fiber inlays reasonably well-mated to the frame, secure detent, solid lock up with plenty of liner/frame (but not too much) mated to the blade tang, a centered blade when closed, and decent flipping action.

Mine was a scotch-driven impulse buy back in the day, and I don’t regret it one bit, for the dough. If overtly tactical folders are your thing, I doubt you’d regret it either. Shop around a bit; full retail is a little steep, even for a well-made Chinese offering, but they are available here and there on the web (eg. Knifecenter.com et al.) JMO.

ETA: I guess I could have clicked your link; that knifecenter price isn’t bad. If you want one, keep in mind that Krudo doesn’t seem to do re-runs; once the first batch sells, that might be it, in favor of the next design. Just a hunch
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-20-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Great. Thanks very much. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Great. Thanks very much. I appreciate it.
    On edit; I’d be inclined to do it, but I’m an enabler for sharp things.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...and I'm drinking so.

That knife show up in your mailbox yet?

Site Supporter
    Ha. Common sense and data won the day. I looked at the specs, particularly the weight, and I compared it to some of the knives I currently have. The Krudo knives are all relatively large and heavy. I work in an office in business casual much of the time. I can't have a knife clipped to the pocket. I'm enough of an oddball there already. The knife I carry needs to sit in a front pocket along with my wallet and a flashlight. Currently, that's a Ken Onion Leek most of the time, unless I travel to NJ. The Krudo knife is just too big for what I need it for. So for now the search continues.

Yup. They are heavy/dense. I’ve had mine in the pocket of one lightweight arcteryx vest or another for the last week, and it swings around like a roll of quarters in a sock. I’m constantly turning to exit a room (bathroom, bedroom, etc.) and hearing the thing klunk against a door/door jamb. No sweat while on Christmas vacay, but a hard no-go on the job.

You should still get one as a nightstand or desk fidget spinner. Flippers are impractical, but great mindless fun. JMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Was the Mozaik worth the 165 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Was the Mozaik worth the 165 bucks?
    Yeah... I dunno. Fortunately, I paid about 45 bucks less when I got it, and that was a fine purchase. It’s a quality piece on par with other factory frame lock options, so a good deal on sale.

User Tag List