Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial-Official Looking For/Found For Sale Revolver Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Snakes on the property that threaten her dogs. Doubt she would ever carry a handgun or do much practicing which is why I'm thinking the .410 is a better alternative.
    Never been terribly impressed with the performance of a .410 - rabbits ran off when shot with them.

Or maybe I missed.

Anyway, 20g seems more effective, with a more dense, even shot pattern.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The single-shot .410 sounds like the best answer in this case.

Easy button. https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/yil...tgun-105279941

Make sure she understands about ricochets, rocks on the ground, and safety glasses.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Never been terribly impressed with the performance of a .410 - rabbits ran off when shot with them.

Or maybe I missed.

Anyway, 20g seems more effective, with a more dense, even shot pattern.
    Not a shooter, a 20g probably too much gun.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Girlfriend’s best friend lives in Southern AZ and wants a handgun suitable for shooting dangerous snakes. She has no money and no real interst in guns. I’m thinking an inexpensive .38 with CCI snake shot. Gun will likely shoot no more than 50 rounds total in its lifetime. I may try to talk her into a used .410 single shot shotgun. So far, cheapest online solution seems to be the Rock Island Armory Model 200 4” at around $250. Anyone handled one? Anyone got something else they’d like to get rid of cheap so I don’t have to check every pawnshop between here and Tombstone?
    I'm sot sure that there is such a thing as an inexpensive handgun right now.

I second the motion for a cheap single-shot gauge, and the motion to skip the .410 in favor of a 20. Local pawnshops should have far more them than handguns right now.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm looking for a P2000sk in LEM, 9mm. If anyone happens to see one, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Weird to ask this in a Revolver thread, but I'll keep an eye out.
    Darn, I didn't realize this thread was in the Revolver sub-forum. But I've often thought that LEM pistols function like magazine-fed revolvers, so maybe my request isn't too far out of place. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Anyone looking for a nice Ruger Speed Six 2.75" in 9mm there is one located at Olives Auto Parts in Orofino Idaho with moonclips. Appears to be a sock drawer gun. $475.00
    208-476-5576 This not my gun and I'm tapped out at the moment.
    Well... It looks like Olives Auto Parts had a change of heart about selling the revolver. I called to purchase it earlier in the week, gave them my credit card information, and they said they would call back on Thursday, saying the guy that does their FFL work would contact me to finish the process. Just had to call them back and the price magically went from $475 to $625. They said they didn't have any box or paperwork for it. It's still not a bad deal, but sight unseen without being able to check it, I wasn't quite as keen on it. Zeke, if you happen to go back in there again and they tell you it's 475 again let me know, I'm all in for it at that price. Little bit disappointed at what feels like a mild bait and switch. As a side note, I also purchased a gun from them online. then when I called after completing the transaction, I was told that one was out of stock. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPedersen; 09-04-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm looking for a P2000sk in LEM, 9mm. If anyone happens to see one, please let me know.
    I have one that doesn't really get used much anymore, might consider parting with it. Where in California are you? I'm way north, as in two hours from Oregon.

JPederson, my sincere apologies! Very sorry to hear about this. Olive's has been around for a long time and I've purchased many firearms there and they have always been reputable to me. I will check it out there when I go back in a couple weeks. I live 40 miles from their store. Sorry for the bum lead.

Site Supporter
    Girlfriend’s best friend lives in Southern AZ and wants a handgun suitable for shooting dangerous snakes. She has no money and no real interst in guns. I’m thinking an inexpensive .38 with CCI snake shot. Gun will likely shoot no more than 50 rounds total in its lifetime. I may try to talk her into a used .410 single shot shotgun. So far, cheapest online solution seems to be the Rock Island Armory Model 200 4” at around $250. Anyone handled one? Anyone got something else they’d like to get rid of cheap so I don’t have to check every pawnshop between here and Tombstone?
    taurus-856-ultralite-revolver,-38-special,-2-barrel,-stainless,-alloy,-new

h&r 732 revolver, .32 s&w long, 2.5” barrel, luster blue, vg+

If I was going anywhere near Prescott this weekend, I’d be dropping in to look at the H&R. And probably just buy it.
    Last edited by Duelist; 09-05-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm sot sure that there is such a thing as an inexpensive handgun right now.

I second the motion for a cheap single-shot gauge, and the motion to skip the .410 in favor of a 20. Local pawnshops should have far more them than handguns right now.

Okie John
    I would be leary of the 20 gauge single shot as they seem to kick harder than a 12 gauge pump. I don't know if it is the weight or what the reason is, but I owned an H&R years ago and it was a kicking mule.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List