Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial-Official Looking For/Found For Sale Revolver Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nj Det 354 View Post
    Ranch Products makes great moon clips for the Speed Six.
    Thank you for the heads up! That is great to know.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Cheap .38 revolver needed

Girlfriend’s best friend lives in Southern AZ and wants a handgun suitable for shooting dangerous snakes. She has no money and no real interst in guns. I’m thinking an inexpensive .38 with CCI snake shot. Gun will likely shoot no more than 50 rounds total in its lifetime. I may try to talk her into a used .410 single shot shotgun. So far, cheapest online solution seems to be the Rock Island Armory Model 200 4” at around $250. Anyone handled one? Anyone got something else they’d like to get rid of cheap so I don’t have to check every pawnshop between here and Tombstone?
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Girlfriend’s best friend lives in Southern AZ and wants a handgun suitable for shooting dangerous snakes. She has no money and no real interst in guns. I’m thinking an inexpensive .38 with CCI snake shot. Gun will likely shoot no more than 50 rounds total in its lifetime. I may try to talk her into a used .410 single shot shotgun. So far, cheapest online solution seems to be the Rock Island Armory Model 200 4” at around $250. Anyone handled one? Anyone got something else they’d like to get rid of cheap so I don’t have to check every pawnshop between here and Tombstone?
    Someone brought the snub one to Greg Ellifritz's snub class this summer. I got to fire a few rounds out of it at the end of the day and was impressed, especially at that price point.

Greg's commentary here:Some commentary on last weekends snubnose resolver class

Taurus judge maybe? Just this once might actually be a decent option?
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

I'm looking for a P2000sk in LEM, 9mm. If anyone happens to see one, please let me know.

Site Supporter
    On my radar is a 4in S&W 66-1. 100% sock drawer gun, I'm told it had 'one or two boxes' of .38's through it before it got loaded with Glaser .357's that have been in there since... who the hell knows when.
    I haven't seen it yet so I don't know what stocks etc it has on it.
    What's a fair 'buddy' price that isn't an insulting lowball? S&W stuff seems to be chaotically priced these days. The seller is an old family friend and I want to do right by them, if it's within my means.
    If it isn't, I'll try to make it available here on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm looking for a P2000sk in LEM, 9mm. If anyone happens to see one, please let me know.
    Weird to ask this in a Revolver thread, but I'll keep an eye out.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    On my radar is a 4in S&W 66-1. 100% sock drawer gun, I'm told it had 'one or two boxes' of .38's through it before it got loaded with Glaser .357's that have been in there since... who the hell knows when.
    I haven't seen it yet so I don't know what stocks etc it has on it.
    What's a fair 'buddy' price that isn't an insulting lowball? S&W stuff seems to be chaotically priced these days. The seller is an old family friend and I want to do right by them, if it's within my means.
    If it isn't, I'll try to make it available here on P-F.
    What I found on GB was that by searching for 66-1s under completed auctions and then only looking at ones where there were bids, the transaction prices were $600 and up, with most going for over $700. Which means that if your buddy was going to trade it in at a gun shop, they'd probably offer him $350 or so. If he sold it there on consignment, he might make, oh, $500 or better after the consignment fees are paid.

If he has the box and stuff for it (not likely), then probably add $100 or more to that.

If it were me, I'd offer $4-500 for it if it still works OK.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Someone brought the snub one to Greg Ellifritz's snub class this summer. I got to fire a few rounds out of it at the end of the day and was impressed, especially at that price point.

Greg's commentary here:Some commentary on last weekends snubnose resolver class

Taurus judge maybe? Just this once might actually be a decent option?
    Judge costs too much. Has to be cheap. I'm recommending a .410 shotgun as I can get one of those new for under $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What I found on GB was that by searching for 66-1s under completed auctions and then only looking at ones where there were bids, the transaction prices were $600 and up, with most going for over $700. Which means that if your buddy was going to trade it in at a gun shop, they'd probably offer him $350 or so. If he sold it there on consignment, he might make, oh, $500 or better after the consignment fees are paid.

If he has the box and stuff for it (not likely), then probably add $100 or more to that.

If it were me, I'd offer $4-500 for it if it still works OK.
    I agree with that assessment. Around $500 to a buddy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    You could probably find a Taurus 605 or 85 or one of the .22s for under 3 bills, and maybe closer to $200. If I still had the 605 I got rid of a couple of years ago, it’d be a done deal, but I don’t have anything like that around right now.

Is it hiking around snakes, or snakes on her property she’s worried about? A .410 shotgun or .22 rifle might do the trick, really, unless she needs to be able to carry it discreetly while hiking.

I’ll ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You could probably find a Taurus 605 or 85 or one of the .22s for under 3 bills, and maybe closer to $200. If I still had the 605 I got rid of a couple of years ago, it’d be a done deal, but I don’t have anything like that around right now.

Is it hiking around snakes, or snakes on her property she’s worried about? A .410 shotgun or .22 rifle might do the trick, really, unless she needs to be able to carry it discreetly while hiking.

I’ll ask around.
    Snakes on the property that threaten her dogs. Doubt she would ever carry a handgun or do much practicing which is why I'm thinking the .410 is a better alternative.

User Tag List