Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial-Official Looking For/Found For Sale Revolver Thread

The Unofficial-Official Looking For/Found For Sale Revolver Thread

For posting deals you find on old revolvers. No personal ads, those go in classifieds.

Strictly things like, "Hey Rob, I know you're looking for a slab-sided Davis barrel PPC gun with a 3-position Aristocrat Rib. I saw one for sale at my Cousin's Brother's Shop and he said you could have it for 100 pennies."

Or, "Hey Stephanie, didn't you need a .41 Magnum?"

Because we are now at a point where many of the best revolvers were made and no longer are made - we should help each other out.

RevolverRob's want list includes:

1) A slab-side Davis barrel PPC gun with an Aristocrat rib: Preferably the old school 3-position front sight model, but I'd take a newer Aristocrat rib gun. Would be killer if it had a full underlug and a trigger just heavy enough to set off most primers. .38 Special would be fine.

2) Old school speed loaders - I love these things. In fact old school revolver paraphernalia is welcome in general, to include old Fitz grips, old school holsters, grip adapters, etc.

3) Old School (Pre-1960) King's Sight sets for Colt and/or Smith and Wesson revolvers.

If you happen to spot any of those things, help a brother out and make my wife made at me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

1) A slab-side Davis barrel PPC gun with an Aristocrat rib: Preferably the old school 3-position front sight model, but I'd take a newer Aristocrat rib gun. Would be killer if it had a full underlug and a trigger just heavy enough to set off most primers. .38 Special would be fine...
    Kris Kringle on a pogo stick, I wish you had started this thread back in October/November. The same LGS that regularly coughs up used 36-6 and RRA Poly 1911s had *exactly* this gun in their case. The weird front sight, the rib, the crazy trigger, the Davis signature script... 38 special. I mean, it’s long gone now, but my memory is that it was just north of 800 bucks. I’ll ask Keith if he remembers who bought it. He might.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Good idea for an ongoing thread, but one could go to Collectors Firearms dot com, and click on the “New Arrivals” tab, then bookmark it. Check it Monday through Saturday. Of course, one has to establish a base line, by looking through the entire inventory, at the start.

Yes, custom-barreled PPC revolvers, with sight ribs, happen there, from time to time. There are probably 1911 bullseye pistols with sight ribs, now.

E.T.A.: I have no affiliation with this store. Affinity, yes; affiliation, no.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-20-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you happen to spot any of those things, help a brother out and make my wife made at me.
    Do you really need our help with that?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Looking for:

1) Pachmayr rubber Presentation grips for N frame round butt
    2) Pachmayr grip adaptors for S&W revolvers.
    3) the Pachmayr rubber wrap around 1911 grips with the clearance for the mag release. Not revolver specific but hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Looking for:

3) the Pachmayr rubber wrap around 1911 grips with the clearance for the mag release. Not revolver specific but hard to find.
    I may be able to help you with number 3. I'll look this weekend.

And I'm looking for three more grail revolvers. I got a 3.5" Model 27 last week. So the next ones I need are:

Model 19 with a 2.5" barrel, and a combat trigger and hammer. Modified by John Hurst of LAPD.

Model 10 with a 4" barrel. Modified by Guy Hogue of LAPD.

Model 10 PPC revolver with 6" aftermarket barrel and sight rib. Modified by Frank Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Looking for:

There are several grip adapters on gunbroker now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S&W 296 AirLite Ti Centennial - .44 S&W Spl., L-frame, 5 shot, 2 1/2 in. barrel
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    S&W 296 AirLite Ti Centennial - .44 S&W Spl., L-frame, 5 shot, 2 1/2 in. barrel
    My favorite shop just sold one on consignment for $749 earlier this week. They’re neat guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    There are several grip adapters on gunbroker now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I’ve seen them on eBay occasionally as well.

User Tag List