Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your winter knife placement

Name:  Craig.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  33.0 KB

Specifically what's to the side of his belt buckle (leftwards, as worn; rightwards, as seen).
    Last edited by runcible; 12-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Name:  20191220_185447.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  33.8 KB

Or^
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    For the intrepid buyer, everything listed by (not abbreviating that username...):

Shivworks Clinch Pick https://shivworkspg.com/product/shivworks-clinch-pick/
    JM Custom made Clinch Pick Sheath https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/CT-C...ck-Sheath.html
    Ban Tang SAF (Pikal) https://empireoutfitter.com/products...-free-shipping
    Krudo Mozaik https://www.krudoknives.com/product/mozaik-folder/
    Damn, dude, you’re like a sharps savant. Excellent work.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Specifically what's to the side of his belt buckle (leftwards, as worn; rightwards, as seen).
    That must've been taken when @SouthNarc guest starred on "Letterkenny":

"Is that what you appreciate about me, Craig?"
    Last edited by blues; 12-20-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I was spoiled so to speak by living in a climate where my pants pocket or belt were easily accessible. A Delica or 2 were EDC in pockets. Now I live in winter (as I used to). It was 11 this morning. Pants and belt knives disappear under my heavy gear. There are lots of articles on winter guns. Ideas on winter knives?
    Dress in layers and your winter apparel won't look too far off from your fall and spring apparel.

If it's truly cold you'll be wearing Carhartt's or similar. In which case everything you'd normally carry gets moved to the outermost layer.

Right hand pocket of North face down jacket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Dress in layers and your winter apparel won't look too far off from your fall and spring apparel.

If it's truly cold you'll be wearing Carhartt's or similar. In which case everything you'd normally carry gets moved to the outermost layer.
    I also recently moved to a colder climate as well and this is definitely the right answer. I would also add that using a mid or heavy weight merino wool base layer makes it very possible to keep comfortable in Duluth pants and a flannel shirt with a jacket as needed. Also consider a shirt jac or a coat with snap closures instead of zipper to have the ability to leave the lower snaps loose for ready access to your waist. I spend a fair amount of time in insulated bibs moving firewood for our wood stove. Most bibs have a chest pouch that could accommodate a knife, but I have been considering getting a pocket sheath to use with one of my small fixed blades on the coldest of days when full outerwear is required.

@runcible or @SouthNarc

Name:  20191220_185447.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  33.8 KB

Is this the sheath, mag pouch and knife worn rearward of the CP in the below photo of SN? Can I have some specifics on it? Curious about who makes the magpouch/knife combo, if it's only available for the Delica or para military and if it can be worn with the knife at a rearward or forward facing downward angle. It looks as though it might in the the photo but I can't tell exactly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @runcible or @SouthNarc

Is this the sheath, mag pouch and knife worn rearward of the CP in the below photo of SN? Can I have some specifics on it? Curious about who makes the magpouch/knife combo, if it's only available for the Delica or para military and if it can be worn with the knife at a rearward or forward facing downward angle. It looks as though it might in the the photo but I can't tell exactly. Thanks.

That's just a standard CP with a JM Sheath and a CCC mag pouch behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    That's just a standard CP with a JM Sheath and a CCC mag pouch behind it.
    Thank you. Not sure if you had found something like runcible showed above. The concept looks rather interesting.

User Tag List