Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster Options for Beretta 92A1 with TLR3?

Holster Options for Beretta 92A1 with TLR3?

Need a little help here. I have a Beretta 92A1 project pistol that I've just completed. Thinking of posting that journey on the Semi Auto page soon. I'm looking for any info or advice on holsters when toting it around with a TLR-3 attached. I'd prefer a paddle holster if possible, (easy on/off). Any info or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Holster Options for Beretta 92A1 with TLR3?

I got nothing... but can I ask why the TLR-3?

I ran one on my Glock 30S, but moved to the TLR-7A... which I love. Original TLR-7 almost put me back to the TLR-3 (the buttons stunk... A model is perfect), but output is better. For a full size Beretta, probably will have more holster options with a TLR-1, and probably would be positioned similarly (lens standoff) to the TLR-3.
    Last edited by Screwball; 12-19-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I got nothing... but can I ask why the TLR-3?

I ran one on my Glock 30S, but moved to the TLR-7A... which I love. Original TLR-7 almost put me back to the TLR-3 (the buttons stunk... A model is perfect), but output is better. For a full size Beretta, probably will have more holster options with a TLR-1, and probably would be positioned similarly (lens standoff) to the TLR-3.
    Because I have TLR-3s all over the place. Okay, maybe an exaggeration but I have 4 of them. I have one TLR-7 so a holster for the 92A1 and a TLR-7 would work also.
    Last edited by medmo; 12-19-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Can you work the activation levers on that TLR3 with it placed that far forward without breaking your grip?

Like, dude, if so, you must have some freakishly long thumbs.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Can you work the activation levers on that TLR3 with it placed that far forward without breaking your grip?

Like, dude, if so, you must have some freakishly long thumbs.
    Yes, I’m right handed. Weak hand, left thumb activates the light, downward press while shooting. I practice that way with this pistol and my Px4. Very effective and accurate. I have big hands and yes, pretty much freakishly long. I dig your camel pic. Here is mine including pretty much freakish long fingers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by medmo; 12-19-2019 at 10:17 PM.

For either of those lights it’ll be custom.
    The 92A1 is less popular than the rest of the 92’s and has a different front from the others.
    With a TLR1 or X300U you could use a Phlster Floodlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    For either of those lights it’ll be custom.
    The 92A1 is less popular than the rest of the 92’s and has a different front from the others.
    With a TLR1 or X300U you could use a Phlster Floodlight.
    Thanks, will check it out. I currently carry it concealed with an AIWB (sans light) JMCK Wing Claw 2.5. I’d like to have an OWB, preferably paddle, for banging around the ranch with a light.

No paddle, but White Hat could do that setup in their MaxClip. IWB, but just the one clip to worry about. And then you can get a different Kydex, if you ever wanted to change lights.

Originally got my 30S done with the TLR-3, then made the move to the TLR-7(A).

@medmo

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Need a little help here. I have a Beretta 92A1 project pistol that I've just completed. Thinking of posting that journey on the Semi Auto page soon. I'm looking for any info or advice on holsters when toting it around with a TLR-3 attached. I'd prefer a paddle holster if possible, (easy on/off). Any info or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
    I have a 92A1 inbound. Want a WML, but haven't committed to one yet. Did you settle on a holster? If so, what brand/model. Also, what light are you running? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I have a 92A1 inbound. Want a WML, but haven't committed to one yet. Did you settle on a holster? If so, what brand/model. Also, what light are you running? Thanks!
    Currently running a TLR1. OWB holster, Black Rhino Concealment with a paddle. AIWB holster, Philster Floodlight.

Add a LTT TJIAB and it will be like magic.

Good luck!

User Tag List