Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Erin Smith for California Senate

I'm just glad to see a candidate in favor of nuclear energy...

Her website isn't good at telling you how to give her money. Unless you can vote for her, campaign for her in her state; giving her money is probably the most practical way to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    If anything, I am just happy to see more pro-gun folks of any and all flavors, colors, styles, types, etc.

The sooner that we can get both sides of the aisle out of everyone's gun safes, bedrooms, and underwear, the better.

I cannot understand how those are partisan issues, when frankly I see them all as human rights issues. Forcing advocates of any of those to saddle up with the rest of a party's line-dragging bullshit is continually aggravating.

The Republicans would gain a lot more supporters if they could get the fuck out of everyone's pants. Similarly, if the Democrats would gain a hell of a lot of middle-ground folks like myself if they swore off ever pursuing more gun control.
    I'm not sure it would be possible for me to agree with you more strongly. You have succinctly stated why I've had a fairly major hate on for both parties for the last 10+ years. The only thing I would add is that it would also be nice if the Republican party could decouple itself from religion, but that ties into the "bedrooms and underwear" part, so it was kind of implied anyway.

RB and Haiku queen, your snarkiness is not helping your cause here no matter how much you say you DGAF.
    Being an outcast in society myself, I’ve learned that you won’t be able to convince others to sympathize or respect your views by use of constant sarcasm and eye rolling. IMO the majority of people can understand being L, G or B even if they don’t agree with it, very little understand the T or Q.

Just this past Thanksgiving I saw arguing on Social Media between other Natives about colonial rule, being anti-thanksgiving, changing it to indigenous people day etc... On the other side we had guys bragging about their ancestors slaughtering ours, finishing the job of making us extinct, dropping off “special blankets” etc...

That type of discussion will get us nowhere as a nation trying to heal and understand each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Her website isn't good at telling you how to give her money. Unless you can vote for her, campaign for her in her state; giving her money is probably the most practical way to help her.
    She is gonna show up in this thread soon, we will give her a gentle reminder on that.
    #RESIST

Hey folks, thanks for the interest and feedback.

A few quick responses to points raised:

Right wing gun nuts that initially hated me came around enough to put me on the cover of Time Magazine and ask me to contribute opinion pieces to other outlets, this TTAG piece explains a bit about my politics and motivation:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/er...ro-of-the-day/

https://time.com/longform/guns-america/

Furthermore, the logic behind redefining sex as gender for the purposes of Title IX is absolutely deranged, and flies in the face of decades worth of claims that sex is distinct is distinct from gender.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...sis?verso=true

I also appreciate everyone this has offered to donate, please be patient as campaign finance is apparently a monster (as I’m learning as a first-time candidate) and I’ll definitely let everyone know when my treasurer has everything ready to go.

It's nice to see that genuflecting is making a comeback.

My only criterion in politics is who is going to support my interests.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Erin, welcome aboard, and thank you for being an advocate for our rights.

Please keep us posted on how we may donate. My brother and his family live in District 26, outside yours. I'm forwarding him info on your campaign, I hope he can help you get out the vote.

Again - welcome!

Welcome!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List