Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Erin Smith for California Senate

Welcome aboard, I’m generally interested in your positions. I have many family members and friends that might be in your district.

Those of you who aren’t familiar with Ric Grenell, US ambassador to Germany, will likely be enchanted by him. That goes for us in the rock-ribbed conservative community, and/or the LGBT community. I would suggest following him on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell

As for the Trump administration’s posture on issues of life or death as relates to the LGBT community - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Those of you who aren’t familiar with Ric Grenell, US ambassador to Germany, will likely be enchanted by him. That goes for us in the rock-ribbed conservative community, and/or the LGBT community. I would suggest following him on Twitter.

As for the Trump administration’s posture on issues of life or death as relates to the LGBT community - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081
    Interesting.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post

https://www.bild.de/politik/internat...7030.bild.html
    #RESIST

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    This is Erin’s thread and I have taken up enough space in it, for which I apologize. I’m sure she and I share some values not least of which is a belief in self determination and the right of self defense. I hope many, many more republicans like her are elected, if republicans are elected. I also hope more or 2a Democrats or progressives will appear. I’m no democrat but I am progressive. I’m definitely pro2a.

The snark came originally from the claim by a poster in this thread that he was going to “genuflect “ to trans rights while snarkily stating he also supports people who feel like bears or words to that effect. As if the views were equivalent. Based on that, i dgaf what that person thinks. It doesn’t follow that I said or implied I dgaf what anyone thinks. I do care, a lot, about what some people think. Others, not so much. I am not unique in this, nor is this controversial.

I am well aware that some can be convinced and some cannot. One of the biggest time and energy sinks in the world is to spend time trying to convince those who say they are “open to argument” who actually are not. They say, “well I just want to learn more” but don’t use google, read a book, or talk to people who are different in good faith. They act as though any concept they have what they call a moral difficulty or just a feeling of unease with is somehow tremendously complex, because the putative complexity absolves their lack of understanding from any culpability.

The ant lgbt actions of trump are public record and they are documented fact. Stuff like what is documented on NCTE’s page. Many of those unaffected by those actions will scoff or shrug. That’s their luxury, I guess.

I’m not rolling my eyes by providing links and reasoning. Nothing I said was even remotely like or even slightly analogous to talk of finishing ancestral slaughter or special blankets.

The trump admin and its evangelical backers are very manifestly not trying to heal anything when it comes to lgbt rights in the United States of America. Those are facts. So for you to say somehow my pointing to policy facts is derailing some grand healing effort or some grand attempt at understanding strikes me as either not very bright or utterly disingenuous. Neither of those help understanding either. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    RB and Haiku queen, your snarkiness is not helping your cause here no matter how much you say you DGAF.
    Being an outcast in society myself, I’ve learned that you won’t be able to convince others to sympathize or respect your views by use of constant sarcasm and eye rolling. IMO the majority of people can understand being L, G or B even if they don’t agree with it, very little understand the T or Q.

Just this past Thanksgiving I saw arguing on Social Media between other Natives about colonial rule, being anti-thanksgiving, changing it to indigenous people day etc... On the other side we had guys bragging about their ancestors slaughtering ours, finishing the job of making us extinct, dropping off “special blankets” etc...

That type of discussion will get us nowhere as a nation trying to heal and understand each other.
    Last edited by Medusa; 12-23-2019 at 04:28 AM.

@Rapid Butterfly I don’t think you will understand what I’m trying to say and how your angry approach will fall on deaf ears. Your still new to this forum and your wrecking ball approach is not doing you any favors IMO. Most here won’t even comment or participate at a chance of being called a bigot of some sort. Maybe that’s what you want is to speak your mind with little discussion. This is a firearm and 2A related forum first and foremost, so when you see members supporting those who are not openly trying to steal their second amendment rights you should understand why. How can anyone here even consider voting for a party who wants to blatantly disarm the American people. Most here are tough on the Republicans for not being aggressive at expanding 2A rights, while I see people like you not condemning the Democrats for their position overall. For example, many Republicans are vocally against the Trump administration for whatever reason while it’s crickets from the Democrats when it comes to many in their party wanting gun bans, removing the 2nd Amendment or using the National guard or military to disarm Americans.

From what I see from you the lgbtq fight is more important than the fight for the second amendment.
    Both topics are life and death important, you just need to know your audience.

Im not going to waste the bandwidth to continue this debate with you, so this is probably my last response to you.

One more thing... All the laws in the world do you no good if you can’t defend yourself with the proper tools and mindset .
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 12-23-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Very cool, sending info to my family in CA. I'll send a contribution as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Is your father-in-law helping her as well? I know he served at the state level there, and is well-versed in the political landscape.
    I'm sure he would if asked, but their respective districts are a few hours away from each other. It was indeed cool when Erin and Chris Cheng from Top Shot were working with him.
    #RESIST

Welcome Erin!!! This really is a great forum. Truly it is.

I learn a lot here and it's not just 2A related.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm sure he would if asked, but their respective districts are a few hours away from each other. It was indeed cool when Erin and Chris Cheng from Top Shot were working with him.
    Cool, thanks for the info!

User Tag List