Thread: More 38 and 357 Ballistic Data

More 38 and 357 Ballistic Data

A recent article from Shooting Illustrated. No real surprises here.

Apologies if it has been linked before.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/..._campaign=1219

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-19-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks for the article referral.

Outfit Oneself for the Mission.
    When I do carry a revolver (I'm usually carrying one of my 9mm Glocks), I'm typically carrying for an anti-person-threat and I'm loaded with .38 Special +P ammo, even if the revolver I'm carrying is chambered in .357 Mag. I have carried .357 as my spare ammo for a possible reload.

I suppose the magnum would be good if the threat was particularly farther away than expected or behind or within some type of cover/concealment and I needed something stronger to, maybe, punch through that cover/concealment.

If the threat was to be a larger North American animal, then I'd likely adjust my ammo choice to penetrate through thicker skulls, bones, skin, fur, hide, body, as those folks who frequent places with bears and dinosaurs.

I'd probably be asking myself, why didn't I have my rifle or shotgun (w/slugs) instead of just the .357 revolver. In the U.S., we haven't (yet) gotten to the point of walking around with a slung long gun to go about our daily business (it could happen any day, though).

Just the other day, I did have to put down a gopher and my 9mm worked fine for that.

User Tag List