Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kahr K9

Nice buy. I have a black K40 that I like a lot though I usually carry a black P45 AIWB. The wear on the barrel hood looks normal. It happens after very few rounds and doesn't progress.
    Name:  3E1D7E89-C01A-455D-9890-829FDF41C3F3.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  36.7 KB
    Name:  8A70DEA3-8805-4676-855E-233149752C40.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  62.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Nice buy. I have a black K40 that I like a lot though I usually carry a black P45 AIWB. The wear on the barrel hood looks normal. It happens after very few rounds and doesn't progress.
    Thanks. And thanks for the tip. I kinda wish they made an all steel .45. Also find the idea of the PM45 interesting—a .45 that small just seems cool. Though I’ve read they can be temperamental.

And welcome to the forum.

have owned Kahrs since the late 90s. They were the perfect transition gun for revolver shooters. Smoothest 5-6 pound DA trigger ever, no Smith could come close. Great sights and love the accuracy and it (the K9) carries 9 rounds with a MagGuts spring and a semi auto reload time.

In size they are quite compact smaller than a K frame, but weighs the same as a 2" K. I have owned 7 Kahrs and I still have 3.

The CM45 was the only one I had trouble with and it got fixed when sent back to Kahr. It shot well and the recoil was light and the trigger and sights were good.
    I had a K40 and a couple of CW40s I didn't like any of these guns and they went to a 40 fan.

I currently own and carry at different times a K9 second year production, a Cw9, for light days and a CW45 that shoots tight groups and has been reliable since I purchased it 7or 8 years ago. I did have to put a new recoil spring in at the 800 round mark. Never a stoppage or malfunction with the CW45, one with the CW9 on the second round fired and that was over 1K rounds ago. And the K9 I purchased used and a new recoil spring and it has been flawless, superaccurate.

I like Kahrs, they are a design unto themselves and I carry and trust mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Used Blazer 124. Wiggled it a little. It’s definitely close. But it doesn’t seem like it touches? It looks like the top round is held at a high enough angle that it has some clearance above the tab. Hard to say for sure, though.

Attachment 46137
    Now slightly eject the magazine to where the bullet is just below the slide stop protrusion, then slowly insert the magazine and see what your clearances are while slightly wiggling the round.
    If there's any contact at all when you do this, then there's a good chance it will happen during the feed cycle.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Now slightly eject the magazine to where the bullet is just below the slide stop protrusion, then slowly insert the magazine and see what your clearances are while slightly wiggling the round.
    If there's any contact at all when you do this, then there's a good chance it will happen during the feed cycle.
    Thanks. Yeah, I could definitely see the bullet making contact at a lower orientation. I'll try it again when I get home.

Good for over twenty five years.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

That’s fucking cool...

Who did your battleworn finish job?

I absolutely love a piece with real honest wear!

Site Supporter
    I put another 150+ rounds through it today. 1 box of 124, 1 box of 115, and 2 mags of Sig v-crown jhps (115gr).

Zero issues with premature slide locks or anything else. Gun ran great, and I was very happy with how I shot it. As long as I don’t rush the trigger, it’s a tack driver. Pretty impressed with the accuracy. Pretty impressed with the gun, overall. My recent gun purchases have ranged from “meh” to disappointing. I feel like this was a good buy.

I carried it all day AIWB. Seems more comfortable than just about all my carry guns. Also carried a full mag in my pocket... which I’m happy to say did not barf up any rounds through several miles of walking and some driving.

I might just end up being a Kahr fan. I love the feel of the trigger and the short reach is superb for small hands. If things continue to go well, I could definitely see a T9 in my future.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and insight.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 12-21-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Oh, that's pretty.

User Tag List