Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr K9

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    I really doubt that us true.
    Well, all I can say is that was the information presented to me over the phone by a company representative. I bought mine used, in '95. As noted, there's nothing in the manual regarding maintenance intervals. So....... since I intended to use the thing as an actual carry gun instead of a place filler in a Kahr hobby collection, I decided to get a hold of the company. I guess I could have plumed internet forums for some tidbit of cyberweb genius, but the web wasn't the cornucopia of wisdom it is now. Funny me, I just called the folks who made the thing. For twenty five years I followed their advice and the little gun ran without issue, in all kinds of conditions. But hey, you do you bro.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-24-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    1000 for the K9.

On the PM9 I change the outer recoil spring every 750 rounds or so.
    I use a Wolff "extra power" (20.5#) which improves reliability.
    At 750 rounds the old spring is noticeably shorter and weaker than the replacement spring.
    Do you change the Wolff spring at 750 rounds, or just the stock Kahr spring?

My PM9 hit 750 when I put it away. I guess I should change it out. I don't have mine sitting in front of me and can't remember the details of the RSA....is it a two piece, and do you only change one spring, or do you change both and only the outer spring is the one you switch with a Wolff spring (the inner replacement being stock)?

Thanks for the night gritty. Can't say I ever had reliability issues that would make me want a heavier spring, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What AIWB holster do you guys prefer for the K9?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    That’s why I don’t have a Kahr anymore. The introduction of the G43 and corresponding SCD made it obsolete for aiwb carry.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you change the Wolff spring at 750 rounds, or just the stock Kahr spring?

My PM9 hit 750 when I put it away. I guess I should change it out. I don't have mine sitting in front of me and can't remember the details of the RSA....is it a two piece, and do you only change one spring, or do you change both and only the outer spring is the one you switch with a Wolff spring (the inner replacement being stock)?

Thanks for the night gritty. Can't say I ever had reliability issues that would make me want a heavier spring, though.
    Dual spring setup.
    I change the outer spring only and the striker spring (Wolff sends all three in the package).
    The extra power spring is primarily for extra feed reliability when dropping the slide on a reload.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

For those that have owned/shot both how does the Kahr K9 compare to a S&W Shield?

For those that have owned/shot both how does the Kahr K9 compare to a S&W Shield?
    K9 is much heavier and has a larger diameter grip (along with many grip options).
    I've always found Kahrs to be amazingly mechanically accurate, Shields not so much.
    Kahrs are hipster pistols, so options on sights, holsters, trinkets, etc. are much more limited.

I used to own two Shields, sold one and gave the other one to my niece in Dallas.
    I still have Kahrs, Glock 43's and PPS's.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

KevH, we have a mold on the way for the K9! If you want to order now, just use any pistol in the drop down and let me know in the comments it's for the Kahr K9.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tony Mayer; 12-26-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    KevH, we have a mold on the way for the K9! If you want to order now, just use any pistol in the drop down and let me know in the comments it's for the Kahr K9.

Thanks
    Cool, thanks. You might have another taker as well.

User Tag List