Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Kahr K9

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I put another 150+ rounds through it today. 1 box of 124, 1 box of 115, and 2 mags of Sig v-crown jhps (115gr).

Zero issues with premature slide locks or anything else. Gun ran great, and I was very happy with how I shot it. As long as I don’t rush the trigger, it’s a tack driver. Pretty impressed with the accuracy. Pretty impressed with the gun, overall. My recent gun purchases have ranged from “meh” to disappointing. I feel like this was a good buy.

I carried it all day AIWB. Seems more comfortable than just about all my carry guns. Also carried a full mag in my pocket... which I’m happy to say did not barf up any rounds through several miles of walking and some driving.

I might just end up being a Kahr fan. I love the feel of the trigger and the short reach is superb for small hands. If things continue to go well, I could definitely see a T9 in my future.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and insight.
    Name:  IMG_1391.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  22.7 KB

My rescue from the used gun counter. Much smoother all around than my CW9.

Bolded part for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    One of the things to look out for is the carriage of spare mags. Kahr mags have a habit of discarding rounds on their own, the cartridges are not as "captive" as most pistol mags.

If you put a mag in a pocket, you'll end the day with several rounds in the pocket instead of the mag. Whatever mag carrier you decide to use, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the mags retaining rounds throughout the first few days of use before you verify its trustworthiness.
    My K40 magazines never exhibited this issue. With the 9mm ones, I carry one in either a Sneaky Pete Pocket Protector or a DeSantis Mag-packer. When I take it out of or put it into my pocket, I just make sure that the top round is pushed back. It takes more than a day of toting around for it to fully dislodge.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    New follower design.
    You can buy the new style aluminum followers off their website to upgrade older mags.
    https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/me...ower-kahr-9mm/
    You'll notice the new follower maintains one angle for its entire length where the polymer follower has two angles. The new style has a larger contact patch between the follower and case and more case to feed lip contact.
    I hadn't heard of these upgrades/replacements. Good info!

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    For those that have owned/shot both how does the Kahr K9 compare to a S&W Shield?

the curves and swells of the Sheild grip do not fit my hand at all...the Kahr does. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    KevH, we have a mold on the way for the K9! If you want to order now, just use any pistol in the drop down and let me know in the comments it's for the Kahr K9.
    I have both RH and LH IWB 3's from Tony for my K9 and couldn't be happier with them.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-27-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List