Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Cross Rifle

I find the stock/cheek interface on their Honey Badger to be very uncomfortable shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m still a bit sore at Q over their complete ignoring of me when I reached out to them some months ago, so this hurts my feelings not in the least.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    And here is Dan Bertocchini shooting his ~8 pound .284 Shehane rifle above at a KYL rack at 600 yards. Recoil was not bad but definitely not as nice as shooting his 6GT
    Not sure if I can attach the video but here is a link:

Last edited by CS Tactical; 12-19-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Looking at the Sig version it would appear that they "FIX"ed two things I really did not care for on the rifle I eval'ed. The bolt handle on the Sig is not the tiny like on the Fix, and it appears that they put a decent butt pad on theirs. Now if they put a decent cheek piece on it, then they may have addressed the comfort issues. However, the overall ergonomics are still goofy.

Note: Ref the bolt handle, just for the record, I am not one of these guys who insists on a huge bolt handle, and in fact on R700s, actually prefers the stock ones like we had on our M24s vs all the aftermarket monstrosities. With that said, the one on the fix was still too small and awkward.

I was kind of hoping that Glock’s new release was going to be a rifle like this. I don’t love the Rem 700 action but so many custom actions are based on it. It would be great if there was a new Glock-like design that finally moved us toward a new standard. I doubt this will be it, but it’s good to see a large company doing something ‘new’ even if it’s ripped off.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I find the stock/cheek interface on their Honey Badger to be very uncomfortable shooting.
    Honey Badger don’t care....

I would definitely buy this rifle + scope package.

I wish it was available years ago.

I'm actually kind of surprised Ruger hasn't done something like this with the RPR. They've already chambered that gun in about everything it can be chambered in. The next logical step to me would be to lighten it up for the hunting market.

Instead they decided to take the M77/Hawkeye and revamp it into a precision rifle that was the norm 20 years ago. Not that I have anything against the M77 it just doesn't strike me as being the precision bolt gun people want nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I would be curious to see the new SIG rifle compared with the Christensen MPR.

I think it's a super cool concept. I hope Sig gets it right.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

User Tag List