Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Cross Rifle

Stupid me should have shared the video

SIG starts at 2:20

Eyeballing one of these and wondering how everyone that was jazzed about them earlier in the thread is feeling a year later?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Eyeballing one of these and wondering how everyone that was jazzed about them earlier in the thread is feeling a year later?
    I still check them out every time I’m at the Pro Shop, but I really don’t need another .308 bolt and I’m not sure I need a Creed or a .277 Fury.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    There was one that came through the LGS the other day. I don't own a rifle at the moment, but I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a sort of fun range toy that I'd also be willing to take hunting.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I saw one in a local shop. I think they are really cool, but it is an odd gun to me. Too light for a target rifle, but it has a lot of target gun features; chassis, free float barrel, adjustable stock, easy to attach accessories. It seems awkward for a field rifle. I think of a field rifle as light and easy to carry. It has the weight right, but it has things like the pistol grip, magazine, and stock sticking out. I still want one, but for no real reason.

I am still paying attention. I have only seen the 6.5 in stock, locally, which has prevented me from impulse-buying. (I would rather not add a new-to-me cartridge.) Another problem is that I am left-eye-dominant, and shoot scoped rifles better lefty. A Cross would be nice, as a range toy, but I am not sufficiently “jazzed” about the Cross, to buy a right-handed rifle, that I would not shoot as quickly or efficiently, while standing on my hind legs, in the field/woods. The Cross’ bolt handle is notably lefty-friendly, but it is, still, a right-handed bolt.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Local shop had models in both 308 and 6.5 in stock when I was in there earlier this week, and are having their “sig days” event tomorrow which may give a chance to squeak a better deal out (their current pricing seems to be on par with everyone else).

I’m devoid of a bolt gun and am leaning towards 308 even though I’m not currently stocking either caliber. I know 6.5 is the hotness but it’s hard to deny the ubiquity of the 308, although the 6.5 doesn’t lack for availability much either. It’s become pretty common itself.

Are all the gremlins with trigger issues and such worked out of these things?
    --Josh

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    FWIW:

Well, I ended up grabbing the .308 today. Got a couple "free" boxes of Sig 175gr from the Sig rep and a hat/pouch, so that was my "Sig Days" bonus. No complaints there.

Gun feels good, bolt runs really smoothly, and the trigger feels very nice. Need to get glass on it ASAP so I can shoot it. Thinking about just moving over a 3-15 Vortex from another rifle, but it's so light and compact it kind of has me thinking it needs something also light/compact.
    --Josh

If you have an LPVO lying around, it works surprisingly well given the adjustable stock riser.

User Tag List