Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Cross Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Does Sig have a QC team? Or even test their products before release?

Why would they bother since people keep buying every new "cool" thing they release, and do the testing for them?
    Don't ya get it man? We are the QC team.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

In fairness, the Cross isn’t the first bolt rifle to have a trigger problem. It is a Gen 1 Sig, so this, and probably things that haven’t surfaced yet are not surprising.

For me, the package is attractive enough to be part of the informal Sig beta tester team.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Does Sig have a QC team? Or even test their products before release?

Why would they bother since people keep buying every new "cool" thing they release, and do the testing for them?
    Despite my earlier joke, yes, they do. They do a great job of it too, and they don't get the credit they should for innovation and quality.

What they don't have is a competent legal team. Things that should be very clear recalls (P320) are called 'voluntary upgrades' and things that should be voluntary upgrades are called recalls (Gen 1 MCX/MPX).

From their website:

'Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern.'

My Gen 1 MCX is thousands of rounds trouble free and I'm very happy with it. This is despite it being under a 'mandatory recall' that I never acknowledged because I'm not releasing the bolt on a dropped in .300 BO round because the design of the firearm shows that to be a dumb idea.

I'm not sure what the fix will be for the Cross, but I wonder if it's going to be a useless redesign to fix a few out of spec rifles as the MCX recall was.

Modern manufacturing requires vetting, analysis and knowledge of the processes involved on the part of the consumer. That's not going away. There are people with custom rifles costing thousands of dollars that have trigger problems.

Finally got a chance this evening to shoot my 6.5 Creedmoor Sig Cross along with a couple other 6.5s. The rifle shot well, I had no trigger issues over a whopping 14 rounds and it was accurate at 100 with factory Fed Fusion 140s. This is the first chassis style rifle I’ve owned or shot before and I’m not sure I’m a fan of the chassis but it’s probably my lack of familiarity. It is a slick package though, with Seekins rings and a 3-10 NF SHV, I think it’s a hair below 9lbs empty.

Name:  801A10AF-4806-41F2-9F1B-0FCFB2ECB897.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  42.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In fairness, the Cross isn’t the first bolt rifle to have a trigger problem. It is a Gen 1 Sig, so this, and probably things that haven’t surfaced yet are not surprising.

For me, the package is attractive enough to be part of the informal Sig beta tester team.
    Seems like an awesome value for the price point. I was surprised when I saw the msrp, from sig no less.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

#ThankYouForYourService
    #RESIST

Just saw this. Mine is in the affected range, build date on box is 9/10/2020.

https://www.sigsauer.com/crossrecall

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Pays to wait I guess. I’m definitely a little bummed out as I really wanted this thing to work out. No interest in semi rifles anymore and love the concept.
    I waited two years to buy a p365 due to Sig being Sig, I’m thinking two years may not be enough at the rate they are going.

I’ve been eyeing one of these since they were announced. Sig isn’t one of the companies I trust enough to be an early adopter so I’ll wait a couple of years for the second or third generation of the Cross before I buy one. I’m interested in hearing @GJM’s thoughts as he continues to work with his.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I am sitting here thinking, why would anyone buy a SIG when there are other options?

Then I remember, I bought a Taurus revolver two weeks ago. Guess we all have our thing.

User Tag List