Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Sig Cross Rifle

Deal Alert

Aim Surplus has a sale going and if you add a the 6.5C Cross in FirstLite camo to the cart, it's only $1299. That appears to be a pretty solid deal based on a quick search for pricing elsewhere.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Well here we are at the end of the year and I still haven't heard anything new about this rifle, new calibers, Etc.

Anyone else?

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Well here we are at the end of the year and I still haven't heard anything new about this rifle, new calibers, Etc.

Anyone else?
    I snagged one a couple weeks ago (6.5 CM) Waiting on an optic at this point but looking forward to giving it a run in the near future. I will post an update after some initial testing.

Good, practical information. Thanks!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Anyone else?
    I was looking at GB for one a couple of weeks ago. I saw offerings for .308 and 6.5CM but not .277FURY. I’m not sure that I’d jump on a .277FURY at this point. There is only one ammo manufacturer and a couple of bullet styles with essentially zero reloading capability. Plus, I give it 50:50 odds that with the coming collapse of our economy under the weight of $31T debt, Uncle Sugar will realize that it made a colossal mistake and abandon the Spear as a completely unnecessary and impractical solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I was looking at GB for one a couple of weeks ago. I saw offerings for .308 and 6.5CM but not .277FURY. I’m not sure that I’d jump on a .277FURY at this point. There is only one ammo manufacturer and a couple of bullet styles with essentially zero reloading capability. Plus, I give it 50:50 odds that with the coming collapse of our economy under the weight of $31T debt, Uncle Sugar will realize that it made a colossal mistake and abandon the Spear as a completely unnecessary and impractical solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

With you on all of that.

I have seen a video out there of someone shooting one at the Sig Factory in 300 Win Mag.

I've made a promise to myself to not buy any more oddball, esoteric cartridges. So no 277 Fury for me either.

With you on all of that.

I have seen a video out there of someone shooting one at the Sig Factory in 300 Win Mag.

I've made a promise to myself to not buy any more oddball, esoteric cartridges. So no 277 Fury for me either.
    Interesting. The 300WM is not listed on their website and would be a long action departure from the original design. Perhaps a prototype?

FWIW, I have a couple of 300WM capable guns, an AXMC and MRAD. Both are over 2X the weight of a CROSS (6.5 lbs) and still manage to let you know that you’re firing a magnum caliber weapon with each pull of the trigger. I cannot imagine firing that caliber in a gun that weighs under 10 lbs. Thus, a long action magnum seems to be a significant departure from the CROSS’ purpose of a light-weight, scout/field style bolt action.

Here is the video of a 300WM. Pertinent portion is towards the end. No info on specs.

https://youtu.be/r1DwjjeTmbU

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Here is the video of a 300WM. Pertinent portion is towards the end. No info on specs.

https://youtu.be/r1DwjjeTmbU
    Yeah, that's the one I saw.

A little surprised because, I hate to sound uppity, but that just isn't one of the typical YouTube channels I would expect Sig to roll out a new rifle to.

Also agree in that shooting a 300 Win Mag out of an ultra lightweight setup is not something that I would really want to put on my bucket list. I have a 300 Win Mag and it does okay with a very aggressive muzzle brake. Even changing out the brake for a suppressor it gets rather bumpy in The Recoil Department.

User Tag List