Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Cross Rifle

Just grabbed one at my FFL's last night. Got a solid deal on it, solid enough buy it, shoot it, and move it if it didn't pan out.

What optics are folks liking for a gun like this? I own ZERO centerfire bolt guns.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Just grabbed one at my FFL's last night. Got a solid deal on it, solid enough buy it, shoot it, and move it if it didn't pan out.

What optics are folks liking for a gun like this? I own ZERO centerfire bolt guns.
    I have been shooting my Cross .308 lately, and digging it. This rifle is so versatile you can go from Aimpoint to LPVO to high mag scopes. I have a Mark 6 1-6 on mine currently. Note that the magazines are Magpul but semi proprietary.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was initially hesitant, but a 1-10 might do the trick. I'm working on an SR-25 too, but this will need to be PA huntable, and 10 is probably enough. Mine's .308 as well. I figure for any more serious work, a Tikka will be the right tool.

AICS Pmags are easy enough to get.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I was initially hesitant, but a 1-10 might do the trick. I'm working on an SR-25 too, but this will need to be PA huntable, and 10 is probably enough. Mine's .308 as well. I figure for any more serious work, a Tikka will be the right tool.

AICS Pmags are easy enough to get.
    The Sig version of those mags allows single loading.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I never paid attention to these before, but had a chance to handle one at the SIG Academy pro shop yesterday. I was impressed, and will check it out again today. I’m thinking one may make a nice start in 6.5 Creedmore for me, all my other bolts are .308.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

These are starting to appear at local gun stores. If they don’t all get bought, by the end of the month, I might be really tempted to act. I really liked the ergonomics of the stock, bolt handle, and safety, even though the action was made for the “wrong” side.

Edited to add: I am glad I waited, not buying a Tikka, earlier in the year, or last year.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-21-2021 at 01:22 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I did check one out further Saturday and am still impressed after second examination. I’d like to start tracking down owner reviews and comments.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Just saw a YouTube review of a recent hunting expo, and the guy at the SIG booth said later this year they would be introducing new calibers. A few medium length ( I've never heard that term before for action length) as well as a long action length. Of course no specific calibers were mentioned.

These things holding up well for current owners?

Wow, I hadn't heard about a long action. 30-06 cartridge-compatible, or are we only talking 300 WM sort of rounds?

I need another 35 Whelen in my life again.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    A few medium length ( I've never heard that term before for action length) as well as a long action length.
    I wonder if they mean a true medium action like Defiance’s XM, or just a magnum bolt face for the current action length (so they can chamber 6.5 PRC). Is the bolt head removable on the Cross?

ETA: The Cross bolt head is removable, so they could do a magnum bolt face.

User Tag List