Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Ultimate P320 M17 Collectible

The claim that they were traded in because of the tan controls seems very suspect to me, especially considering the wide variety of colors M4s are accepted in. Purple, matte, jet black, green-ish, etc.

More than likely these are the early problem guns. Makes sense since these are from the same era of 320 production which had the drop-fire problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedMailman View Post
    The claim that they were traded in because of the tan controls seems very suspect to me, especially considering the wide variety of colors M4s are accepted in. Purple, matte, jet black, green-ish, etc.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedMailman View Post
    More than likely these are the early problem guns. Makes sense since these are from the same era of 320 production which had the drop-fire problems.
    The MHS M17/M18 had the drop safety issue addressed from the get go. They never shipped M17s/M18s that had the drop fire problems, which even if they did wouldn't be a reason to send the pistols back to SIG since it's an issue which can be fixed by military armorers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

As expected these things are going for stupid prices, around $1200.

I get the idea of owning something that might’ve actually seen deployment use from a collector’s standpoint, but $1200? Eeeeehhhh...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    As expected these things are going for stupid prices, around $1200.

I get the idea of owning something that might’ve actually seen deployment use from a collector’s standpoint, but $1200? Eeeeehhhh...
    Name:  85DC7445-FD77-459F-8AF0-F11121367546.jpeg
Views: 504
Size:  85.2 KB

Osage County Guns picked who could buy their 25 guns with a lottery draw.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 01-08-2020 at 07:11 PM.

M17 Surplus from Sig

I picked one of these up today. Interesting move by Sig. Essentially they are reselling Army trade backs of the initial order fulfillment. The pistol has the Coyote anodized controls they now have discontinued (US branches now get M17 pistols with black controls like the civilian P320 M17 edition). My LGS received 5, and I got the pick of the litter. Condition varied among them, I chose a very clean copy (not much visible wear or use, others had notable holster wear and were dirty). My copy has minimal holster wear, and a rack # paint-penned on the grip. Barrel wear is negligible at best. It was fired, but rarely. It has amber rear sight tritium and green front per spec.

For those who like Milsurp this is a fun pickup! It does have the updated action like all warrantied P320s do. They seem to be getting a premium at the moment on auction sites, but I paid a fair retail price so that gives me a good out if I need it, but I think this one will stick around with me for a good while!

**EDIT BY MOD: THREADS MERGED**
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 01-11-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks for the pictures! Looks great.

I have been outspoken of my dislike for the a tion Sig took concerning the 320.

The option to own a USGI pistol mattered alot to me.

Name:  20200112_111013.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  99.0 KB

It's got wear. No rack number. I'm thrilled. USGI arms aren't very prevelent anymore, and I'm glad to have a US modern surplus.

If it wasn't USGI I wouldn't care. I have no plans to relu on it for defense or mount a red dot or anything. It's just cool to own.

-Cory

Try Interstate Guns in Hammond, LA for all things SIG - especially these decommissioned pistols. They had one this weekend and I recall they were asking $800 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List