Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The FN/Browning High Power-Revisited Part One

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nice. SFS kit installed?
    Yes, despite my initial grudging reluctance to install it after one of the partners of BH Spring Solutions went ahead and sent it to me to t&e after I'd emphatically said, "No," (and it sat gathering dust in my study for 6 months after it arrived), when I eventually installed it (out of a sense of fairness to test the concept and hardware-and to shut up the partner, Mark Howe, who was like an incessantly dripping faucet in his insistence that I give it a try), I was actually (and totally unexpectedly) quite impressed with the SFS.

While many of the benefits BH SS touts about it on their website (and they enumerate 20) https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....34716796875000, my High Power actually had a number of them fulfilled due to other BH SS components already installed (which was part of my reluctance to go the SFS route).(My SFS kit was the Tactical one, which included an ambidextrous magazine release, which I immediately installed when the SFS kit arrived {no six-month, dust gathering period for it}, and have liked quite a bit as well).

However, once installed, I really liked it. It's a simple system, and the hammer spur shape (goofy as it initially looks) and forward position (when the SFS is activated) really make it more comfortable to carry, as opposed to the High Power's hammer spur jabbing into your side when carried cocked and locked as I did prior to installing the SFS. It's actually pretty easy to remove the OEM action components and install the SFS when using two of BH SS's videos. Mine has become a permanent installation, but as with most BH SS components, if you decide you don't like them, it's easy to un-install and return to the OEM configuration.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    .... the gun performed magnificently, with absolutely zero hiccups or malfunctions of any kind. I used a Mec-Gar magazine with a Mec-Gar extended basepad, which ingeniously replaced the OEM sheet metal basepad, .......Best, Jon
    Please expound upon this. I am unable to find anything on Mec-Gar's site.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Please expound upon this. I am unable to find anything on Mec-Gar's site.
    https://mec-gar.com/shop/upgrade-par...al-floorplate/

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Thanks, Jon!

I don't suppose tat it is compatible with the mousetrap springs?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Thanks, Jon!

I don't suppose tat it is compatible with the mousetrap springs?
    They are not; just with the non-mousetrap spring magazines. And while the same part is good for Ruger P85 magazines, it's only for the earlier, metal basepad P85 magazines, not the current production P85/P89 ones with the polymer basepads.

Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

Don't know if this is a good price or not:

(TRIED TO ADD PICTURE WOULDN'T LET ME)

https://aimsurplus.com/products/belg...eid=b9d06dc545
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Don't know if this is a good price or not:

(TRIED TO ADD PICTURE WOULDN'T LET ME)

https://aimsurplus.com/products/belg...eid=b9d06dc545
    Seems fair

If I was looking for another HP, I'd go for it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List