Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sales Tax On Your Online Ammo Orders?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    When did that change? I tried it last night just running the numbers and it worked.
    When I entered the code there was a note that discount would be removed during checkout if account was not linked to an Edge member.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Just paid $2 on a $40+ order. Not a big deal.
    Yeah, I paid ~$5 on a pre-tax total of ~$130 for a small order of .22LR i placed a few weeks ago. Reasonable. In CO.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    When I entered the code there was a note that discount would be removed during checkout if account was not linked to an Edge member.
    I saw that note this morning when I looked after reading your post but I didn't go any further. I looked again just now and don't see it and as a test I put enough stuff in my cart to normally qualify for the M8Y discount. I didn't hit the "place my order" button but the code is still there and there's no warnings about it being removed.

I think the confusion is from Brownells sending one code for regular customers and another code for Edge members in the same text. I think "regular" customers were trying to use the bigger Edge discount either without reading or just to see if they could get away with it. I've never seen M8Y sent out as an Edge member only code.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wonder who the sales tax is being submitted to? I know I am charged 8% because that is my local sales tax rate. I just wonder if it is supposed to be paid to the area where I am or where the company is located?
    Sales tax is collected on where the product "exchanges" hands, for online selling that means your locale.

Same kind of concept to trade/craft shows. Sellers may live in one town, but they have to collect for the town where the show takes place. Heck, same thing for me. I don't jack with towns since I can be four or five places in a day, but I do bill it by county.

I've been getting taxed too. TN even has a 10 cent extra sales tax stamp on the ammo, as well as I now have to pay tax online for firearms. It's a way for the people farmers (AKA the system) to easily track who is buying what kind of ammo in what quantity and what firearms you are purchasing quicker. I can't wait for the non sheeple to wake up and realize they don't need to be people farmed by big government and they don't have to pay taxes. I guess 30 some taxes on one phone bill is socially acceptable nowadays. Our forefathers thought taxing their tea was total BS and new they were feeding the people farmers (AKA British Empire) and they were having none of that. But I digress...

I started ordering from Ammoempire. Pretty sure Sgammo runs it. Haven’t been charged tax yet and prices are shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I've been getting taxed too. TN even has a 10 cent extra sales tax stamp on the ammo, as well as I now have to pay tax online for firearms. It's a way for the people farmers (AKA the system) to easily track who is buying what kind of ammo in what quantity and what firearms you are purchasing quicker. I can't wait for the non sheeple to wake up and realize they don't need to be people farmed by big government and they don't have to pay taxes. I guess 30 some taxes on one phone bill is socially acceptable nowadays. Our forefathers thought taxing their tea was total BS and new they were feeding the people farmers (AKA British Empire) and they were having none of that. But I digress...
    Regarding the telephone taxes, someone has to pay for the Spanish-American War and for Al Gore's internet...

However, Verizon has not yet explained to my satisfaction where the municipal tax goes as I live in an unincorporated area.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

And then there was the day I realized that I was being charged CA sales tax on stuff I ordered to an APO.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Regarding the telephone taxes, someone has to pay for the Spanish-American War and for Al Gore's internet...
    It turns out that the "Spanish American War" thing is inaccurate, they stopped collecting that before WWI, started again, and have stopped and started it again several times.
    Federal telephone excise tax
    Although in popular belief the telephone excise tax has been in place continuously since the Spanish–American War, it has actually been repealed and reinstated several times, usually in times of war or economic crisis. Because of this connection to war, the tax has been a frequent target of war tax resisters.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

FYI

Just ordered from Targetsportusa and the sales tax added almost $25.00 to the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Just ordered from Targetsportusa and the sales tax added almost $25.00 to the bill.
    That is a lot!

User Tag List