Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SIG new releases and discontinued models

Ruger P-90

This thread reminds me of when I learned that Ruger was going to discontinue their P-90 lineup. I never wanted one 'til they were going away. I ended up getting the stainless steel model......only one left in stock. After I ordered it, out of stock was indicated on the website. Got it in a few days later. While I am still happy I ordered it, I can sort see why it was discontinued. It is a polymer world now, like it or not. The pistol is big for an 8+1 capacity. The barrel even has the link just like the 1911.

I have had a couple of Sig 220's over the years. Ok pistols, but I never warmed up to them. But the pistol did catch my eye when it was the Browning BDA. Still think the 220 looks great, but it isn't tugging at my heart-strings.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I would probably have at least two P227s if anybody, anywhere, made grips that aren't "E2" style, where the top of the grip is squeezed in like Homer choking Bart.

Not everybody who might want to shoot a .45 has tiny hands, mkay? The USP FS is what it is because for some of us big, northern Europeans and NATO-Americans, it's just right.
    Hogue makes g10 grips for the p227. I am not sure about the top of the grip. The hogue grips (Sig factory) for the tacops model are nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    This thread reminds me of when I learned that Ruger was going to discontinue their P-90 lineup. I never wanted one 'til they were going away. I ended up getting the stainless steel model......only one left in stock. After I ordered it, out of stock was indicated on the website. Got it in a few days later. While I am still happy I ordered it, I can sort see why it was discontinued. It is a polymer world now, like it or not. The pistol is big for an 8+1 capacity. The barrel even has the link just like the 1911.

I have had a couple of Sig 220's over the years. Ok pistols, but I never warmed up to them. But the pistol did catch my eye when it was the Browning BDA. Still think the 220 looks great, but it isn't tugging at my heart-strings.
    The one P90 I shot sure made me look like a better shooter than I was. Very easy to hit with.

I was hoping they dropped the p320 and made it a p250 again. This also solves the mystery of $400 p238 legions.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    This also solves the mystery of $400 p238 legions.
    A couple of years back, Sig gutted the prices on P245/P220 Compact magazines to $10. As I was loading up my cart it dawned on me what that meant.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List