Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: SIG new releases and discontinued models

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    This idea came up on a P&S Modcast at some point, and I think its brilliant.

    Walk into your LGS, say "I want a 320". They pull out a trigger group, there you go. Then they pull out all the grip modules, so you can pick out what you want, grip wise. Then there's an array of slides compatible with your grip module, you pick what you want. Put it all together, boom, you have your own 320, without first buying a full version and then adding on.

    I understand this would be challenging logistically, but dang would it be cool, and would provide sig with some data on the most commonly sold configurations.
    While I do admit that would be cool to be able to do that, it would make the company less money than the current state of affairs where one has to purchase several sets of slides, grips, etc in order to get the exact combo they want. Thus I doubt they will change

    cc

  2. #22
    Site Supporter GreggW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    HK and Sig are basically polar opposites.

    HK will build what they want and can usually be counted on to be rock solid. If it isn't their customer support will make sure it does.

    Sig will build anything anyone wants and can usually be counted on for it to not be rock solid and when it isn't rock solid...too bad, so sad, it isn't Sig's fault.
    Last edited by GreggW; 12-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    While I do admit that would be cool to be able to do that, it would make the company less money than the current state of affairs where one has to purchase several sets of slides, grips, etc in order to get the exact combo they want. Thus I doubt they will change

    cc
    Yeah that makes total sense. Oh well

    - Rob (from the Piedmont)

  4. #24
    Member John Hearne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Mississippi
    It's also interesting that the only full size slide P320's are 9mm's.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    It's also interesting that the only full size slide P320's are 9mm's.
    I saw the 4.7" 45 has been dropped. Do people still shoot 45s?

  6. #26
    Member John Hearne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Mississippi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I saw the 4.7" 45 has been dropped. Do people still shoot 45s?
    The 4.7" 40 S&W is gone as well.

    Regarding 45, I live in fear that Sig will finally release an X-Five variation in 45 ACP. I'd go broke reversing my transition to 9mm.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The 4.7" 40 S&W is gone as well.

    Regarding 45, I live in fear that Sig will finally release an X-Five variation in 45 ACP. I'd go broke reversing my transition to 9mm.
    I have been hoping for a 45 X grip module....

    Also, if and when Unity Tactical releases the ATOM 2.0 my 45 slide will probably go off for that cut.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Another set of Hogue checkered G10 P220 grips is on its way from Optics Planet to me...
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    USA
    Was hoping for an optic ready p365 non-XL

  10. #30
    Site Supporter GreggW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Another set of Hogue checkered G10 P220 grips is on its way from Optics Planet to me...
    Despite my disdain for Sigs current businesses practices I do still have a soft spot for P220s. They are just a great shooting pistol for me.
    If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •