Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which 92 mags?

Thanks for the responses. Also, i broke down and ordered the LTT Elite yesterday. I guess Christmas comes early for me this year.

I've always been a big fan of of the original 15 rounders and an even bigger fan of the 15 round sand resistant mags.

The straight coiled spring and big follower with spring guide is just bomb-proof.

I have a lot of different Beretta 92 magazines. Ask yourself what you need out of the magazine, before you buy. I bought one of the Mac-Gar 18 round magazines just before I took a 800 round class in the Southwest, and used it and four 15-round factory magazines. By the end of the class, the 18-round was occasionally not locking the slide back when empty, the 15- round were all doing fine. Another magazine Mac-Gar makes that I like is their 20-round extended.

Spare and increased strength magazine springs are available for the 15-round magazines, but neither are available from Mec-Gar for 18s. CZ sells some magazine springs that do fit the Mec-Gar magazine and follower, and I have not tested them yet.

This is the video by Langdon referred to above on higher capacity magazines: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5EaOGNA-Pt/

For range use, I use 15s typically. If I want a flush mag for carry, I use a reasonably new Mac-Gar 18, or just use a smaller pistol. If 'printing' is not an issue, the Mec-Gar 20 is what I use. For Type III jam clearance drills, I like the Mec-Gar 20 so I have something to grab onto and rip it out of the pistol.

My range mags are Beretta 15 round mags and I change Wolff mag springs at least once a year. I've been waiting for total mag failure as the same 3-4 have well over 30K through them. Other than springs and a few base plates they're still GTG.

I only use Mec-Gar for carry with an 18 in the gun and a 20 as a spare.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Since my 92 is purely a range piece, I have a pile of surplus GI mags (in addition to a handful of better quality mags). They seem to work fine, at least in my usage. Obviously I wouldn't use them for anything "serious"

Beretta has a Xmas code 'save25'. Regular 15 round mags are $29, buy 3+ $25. Free shipping over a certain amount. 10 mags comes out to $200 including tax.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Beretta has a Xmas code 'save25'. Regular 15 round mags are $29, buy 3+ $25. Free shipping over a certain amount. 10 mags comes out to $200 including tax.
    Alternatively, you could use XMAS35 and save 35%. Sand resistant come out about 3 bucks cheaper than the price you're paying for the regular.

Anyone know why the factory 20rd mags are so difficult to fill? Feels like they are way oversprung.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1043313514?pid=315294

I can barely get 15 or so in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Alternatively, you could use XMAS35 and save 35%. Sand resistant come out about 3 bucks cheaper than the price you're paying for the regular.
    That quit working before Xmas. I did buy some of those using that code, but the price was still higher than $18.75 each. In either case, I'm just passing on info to members. The code I referenced is good through the 26th.
    Last edited by Hambo; 12-25-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That quit working before Xmas. I did buy some of those using that code, but the price was still higher than $18.75 each. In either case, I'm just passing on info to members. The code I referenced is good through the 26th.
    No problem. I checked today before I posted it and it was still working. To confirm, I just went to this location after reading your post:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/mag...only/c86021sr/

Sand resistant magazines are $39 marked down to $33. When add to cart and you input XMAS35 you get a $11.55 markdown per magazine making the each price $21.45. If you order 3 or 4 there is no shipping charge, but you will get hit for tax. Your money friend. Just trying to relay info. Obviously, members can choose for themselves. No hard feelings.

User Tag List