Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Leather Holster Makers Make The Grade For Heavy Use FOF Testing?

What Leather Holster Makers Make The Grade For Heavy Use FOF Testing?

We all hear about the good kydex makers on PF, but I seldom hear it talked about in the leather game as to what is duty ready and vetted. I would imagine 5-Shot & J.R. Customs would be counted amongst the ranks, but who might also be building rugged vetted stuff?

Banned
    What do you mean by "Duty Ready"?

I'm really impressed with Kramer Leather but I don't think they make duty holsters

Milt Sparks and Kramer have both been used for years in LE.

Not necessarily LE duty, just built and tested to be unlikely to see failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    What do you mean by "Duty Ready"?

I'm really impressed with Kramer Leather but I don't think they make duty holsters

Kramer makes (or made, not sure) a paddle holster that was issued to the Michigan State Police for years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Not necessarily LE duty, just built and tested to be unlikely to see failures.
    Kramer would be one , I'm not sure if Galco counts but I've not had a problem with them.

This is aimed more at people who have used these in actual hands on hard use FOF or reality.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Kramer makes (or made, not sure) a paddle holster that was issued to the Michigan State Police for years.
    As I'm.sure you're aware most duty holsters made today have some type of retention device. I'm asking this because I DON'T know but can you make a retention holster out of leather (besides a thumb break)?
    Last edited by Cypher; 12-16-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Before all this plastic stuff came out, Don Hume holsters was a top choice for leather holsters for LE. Moderate prices; good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    We all hear about the good kydex makers on PF, but I seldom hear it talked about in the leather game as to what is duty ready and vetted. I would imagine 5-Shot & J.R. Customs would be counted amongst the ranks, but who might also be building rugged vetted stuff?
    Are you asking about leather holsters made for exposed carry on a duty belt? Or plain ol' leather holsters that are designed to be belt-mounted and concealed?
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 12-16-2019 at 11:47 AM.

User Tag List