Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 92% of Americans Feel Their Basic Rights are Threatened

92% of Americans think that their rights are under siege?

I'm surprised, but pleased, that so many recognize that fact.

Our rights are under siege. Go, for example, to any Liz Warren rally, where she will explain why one set of her "plans" requires her to take away a good part of your liberty and property, while other parts of the plan will give you free stuff to make up for it. A Liz Warren world would be unquestionably less free and more controlled but with new free stuff. And Bernie makes no bones about it. He wants a revolution. A peaceful one, to be sure, but one in which smart people like himself get to decide what deodorants will be sold; how much money you are allowed to make, and how much property you are allowed to buy and keep.

Indeed, most of DC would be happier if we had fewer rights and more obligations (to those smart and supremely competent people in DC naturally).

And the right that annoys them the most, is the right to keep and bear arms, because how can they be expected to sleep peacefully at night without knowing exactly who has guns and for what reasons? How can they control the situation when there are so many people in flyover country who not only own guns, but insist that they have a right to do so?

We ought to get used to it. Our rights are always going to be under siege as long as our government is controlled by those who have a lust for power and almost no sense of humility about their own suitability to tell the rest of us what we have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Studies show that 98% of statistics are made up right on the spot.

Rosco
    And these results from USA Today? Hardly believable even if I relate to them.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    And these results from USA Today? Hardly believable even if I relate to them.
    It says quite clearly in the first paragraph:

says the Harris Poll/Purple Project, which surveyed 2,002 people nationwide.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Blues...thanks for posting. The poll is interesting.

However I think its pegging my BS meter.

I think the 92% in this survey are likely thinking:

We need to curtail expression and 1st amendment so that my feelings aren't hurt, ever.
    The more we restrict the 2nd amendment, the more my right to not be scared is satisfied.

46% are happy to take rights from the other 46% to satisfy themselves.

This is why a political party is running a bunch of candidates that are gleefully campaigning and spending millions on taking away freedoms and curtailing rights of people.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Blues...thanks for posting. The poll is interesting.

However I think its pegging my BS meter.

I think the 92% in this survey are likely thinking:

We need to curtail expression and 1st amendment so that my feelings aren't hurt, ever.
    The more we restrict the 2nd amendment, the more my right to not be scared is satisfied.

46% are happy to take rights from the other 46% to satisfy themselves.

This is why a political party is running a bunch of candidates that are gleefully campaigning and spending millions on taking away freedoms and curtailing rights of people.
    I don't know how one can arrive at that takeaway based upon the reported results from Harris. I do realize polls may vary widely in accuracy for any number of reasons.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It says quite clearly in the first paragraph:
    From this article linked below: "USA Today, nor Harris, nor The Purple Project — the co-sponsors of the poll "
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/poll-sh...s-the-results/

Even more invalidating is the involvement of The Purple Project.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Thank you, @blues, this is both good and bad to see. I like feeling as though I’m being rational and informed when I feel that my rights are threatened, but I am *appalled* by how few people would miss their rights. I’m a child of the 80s, so the “free world” was a phrase that still had meaning in my time. I do wonder exactly how the study differentiated “freedom of expression” and “freedom of speech”.
    You make an excellent point. I’d really like to see all of the questions asked in a poll, rather than just numbers and someone’s interpretation of them.

User Tag List