Thread: Wilson Combat Centurion Vertec

Wilson Combat Centurion Vertec

Anyone else have the Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical with the Vertec grip? I love mine and wanted to see if anyone else had the pleasure of shooting this piece. I chose this over a Sig Legion 229 and I couldn't be happier. The trigger is ridiculous. So smooth and crisp. Everything about this screams quality. I know some won't pay that much for a berreta but I can't be happier. Love to hear some feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny0491 View Post
    Anyone else have the Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical with the Vertec grip? I love mine and wanted to see if anyone else had the pleasure of shooting this piece. I chose this over a Sig Legion 229 and I couldn't be happier. The trigger is ridiculous. So smooth and crisp. Everything about this screams quality. I know some won't pay that much for a berreta but I can't be happier. Love to hear some feedback.
    Don't have a Centurian Vertec, but do have a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with action tune and chrome silicon springs. They are both awesome guns, with great triggers! Did you get the action tune done?

Glad you’re happy with it. I’m pretty meh on the Wilson Berettas now that the Langdon guns are available. That said, Bill Wilson really deserves a big hats off from all the Beretta fanboys for getting the factory to make a well featured 92 and showing it would sell.

If I ever do another Centurion, it’ll be the 92X version (I’m just not that crazy about Centurions). I’m liking what I have so far in my 92X full size. But really, if I get another 92, it’ll probably be a Langdon compact.

I don't have one, but that's a lot better than the Sig.

Luckily the centac vertec comes complete with the action tune. It's the perfect size for me and really is its own class of pistol IMO. And yes, it's better than a Sig. At least the newer runs of Pistols there putting out.

I found the experience of shooting the Centurian vs the full size WC Berettas really interesting as the shorter Centurian is much more neutrally balanced than the full size Brig Tac.

I fully agree. If it weren’t for Bill Wilson....... I recall looking through the Beretta line up trying to decide which features I wanted to trade off for others, and being disappointed that I couldn’t just buy what I wanted. I was really spoiled by my long gone Elite II pistols. Then along came Bill Wilsons Brig Tac which featured everything I really wanted PLUS!! (Except for front cocking serrations...just a personal preference). IIRC Beretta even had to reverse engineer the brig slide which Wilson loaned to Beretta I think!!

I have a Centac with the regular grip that I love. I think an LTT Centurion is in my future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I like the M9A3; I like the Beretta X's. I like the Wilson guns. And I probably like the Langdon ones the best.

All are big improvements in what was a good basic package and all of them are, to my mind, better than the Legion P series guns--which aren't bad, but which ought to be better for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny0491 View Post
    Luckily the centac vertec comes complete with the action tune. It's the perfect size for me and really is its own class of pistol IMO. And yes, it's better than a Sig. At least the newer runs of Pistols there putting out.
    That’s right....I forgot it came wit the action tune. IMHO the action tune (trigger job) is a must have in either a WC or Langdon Beretta.

I definitely agree. The action tune is worth the extra IMO.

User Tag List