Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for a Hamilton (watch) retailer

Site Supporter

Recommendations for a Hamilton (watch) retailer

Ok guys (collectively!), its time to buy myself a promotion present and Im “needing” a new watch. I currently have my heart set on a Hamilton Khaki Aviation series, either the Day Date model or GMT. Im a little wary of buying on Amazon although its significantly cheaper. Was wondering if anyone had a good point of contact that is an authorized retailer for Hamilton. I just launched an email to Customer Service to see if they have a .mil purchase program, but have not heard anything back yet. Suggestions or experiences are welcomed; over to you. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Hamilton's list of stores?

Some of them sell directly through their websites..
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Jared is an authorized Hamilton dealer. They had some really good prices in their vault values online a week or so ago.

Times have changed...

I bought my Hamilton Khaki field mechanical watch from the AAFES Exchange in the mid-80's for $35.

List price now is $495.

https://shop.hamiltonwatch.com/hamil...echanical.html

https://www.jomashop.com/
    https://www.ashford.com/us/home?loca...uestid=1570403

Try one of the grey market dealers. You will save a bunch of money and they have their own warranties.

Auth dealer Ive dealt with before
    http://www.topperjewelers.com/#utm_s...ign=Burlingame
    Last edited by UNK; 12-15-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I didn't know a watch could be re-tiled...
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Concur re Jomashop. Got a great deal on a modest Hamilton for my son's May 19 high school graduation. About 40% off with the same 24 month warranty.

My experience with mechanical watches is they don't keep very good time. I haven't had one in a long time so they may have improved them. One good thing about them is you don't need to find someone to replace the damn battery. That can be a problem for some models like divers that are pressure rated. Some jewelers won't work on those. At least that was my experience but I don't live in a metro area.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My experience with mechanical watches is they don't keep very good time.
    In fairness to the OP, I was the one that brought up the mechanical Hamilton. You are right, they don't keep very good time, but they are EMP proof.

Site Supporter
    At the expense of stating the obvious in 2019-You do not buy a mechanical watch because they keep the "best time"- you buy a mechanical watch ( hand wound/automatic) because of the "density of design", history of the watch/watch brand, the look/feel of the watch, perhaps even the sound of the tick etc.

The intersection of accuracy/cost/durability is likely some solar powered, atomic clock radio synced Casio. You will never catching me wearing such a watch to Court where punctuality is most important for me professionally. Nor would I wear one to any formal event (jacket/tie) event re my family for which punctuality would likely be most important on the personal level.

FWIW/YMMV

User Tag List