Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather IWB Holsters Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    What gun is this for? If it’s not a Glock, that could narrow your choices.

Garrity gun leather makes great quality, and very comfortable holsters.

http://www.garritysgunleather.com/IWBHolsters.htm

I've always loved the looks of Garrity's stuff. How's his delivery time?

Site Supporter
    I know you wanted to stay away from the metal lined mouth feature, but wouldn't a non lined holster have collapsed under those circumstances as well ? I've had great luck with the Sparks Summer Special 2, which Thunder Ranch has on their site in stock now. And my go to daily wear is a VM2 which Top Gun Supply has in stock as well.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Ryan Grizzle
    Name:  20191212_143131.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  57.5 KB

Milt Spark or Kramer as well. I just really like how Ryan works horsehide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    New job is incredibly data heavy and I'm chained to my 3 monitor desk for hours at a pop. Add in a long commute, a too small rental car while my Charger is in the body shop and for me that equals a sore and swollen inguinal region, so both pocket carry and AIWB are off the table for the foreseeable future.

I carried IWB for the first 20 of my 30yrs of edc, but over the last decade, I've given away pretty much every IWB holster to people that needed them more than I did...or so I thought. I'm using a JM IWB#3, and Tony makes great gear, but I don't really like kydex behind the hip and I bought the #3 for the occasional IDPA match or a hard, dirty chores type of day when I don't give a tinker's dam if someone spots my pistol like when I recently had to belly crawl under my mom's house to check for a leak.

I know I recently saw a link here to someone making basically a Versa-Max, but without the metal mouth band (which I haven't liked since I collapsed one years ago in FOF), but it wasn't in a holster thread and I'll be damned if I can find it. Does that ring a bell with anyone? What else does the hive like for leather IWB?
    The McDaniel II has several benefits. First, the belt loop is behind the gun instead of over it. This means less bulk under a garment and it causes the belt to pull the gun in closer to your body. The holster ships with 2 loops so you can have one for a dress belt, and one for a range or casual gun belt.

The loop is attached with a locking screw that allows the user to adjust the angle to fit your body. The reinforced steel will NOT collapse and I say that having used this holster from 1997-ish forward. I’ve used it with 1911’s and full size Glocks. The guns are practically invisible under a t-shirt. Sam also makes the holster rough side out. This makes for a smoother draw and faster break-in as well as helps stabilize the holster in your pants so it’s always in the same position when you reach for it. Sam also offeres a thumb-break, body shield, or open top configuration.

The only reason I stopped using my McD II for day to day carry is that I keep a weapon light on my pistol 24/7 now.

+1 for TT Gunleather

I love my reinforced convertible pancake, which I leave pretty much 100% in IWB mode. He also makes similar ones without the reinforced mouth if that's what you prefer.

3 weeks is the current lead time. Can't beat that.

What pistol?

Also, I love the McDaniel2, as mentioned above. it's been my rig for many years, until the switch to AIWB

Garrity makes great stuff, but he's unreliable. I have an incredible 1911 rig from him, that I would argue is the better than all the others I've tried

TT slim is also very good

Brommeland makes a non reinforced IWB too
    Last edited by theJanitor; 12-16-2019 at 02:22 PM.

I can vouch for the Kramer #3 being an exceptionally well-made piece that was very comfortable and secure for a G17 and G19.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I've yet to find a superior IWB holster for on/behind the hip carry than the Sparks Summer Special (original, not the #2).

If you're in a hurry and want to try something - the Hume M.S.O. is a straight drop SS-style holster (the Sparks is a 15-degree cant), it works quite well overall and they are quite well made. My father used his for ~20 years, I have it now and it's still serviceable.

Obligatory pictures...

Name:  3950FBFA-0057-4F0E-A1ED-88A72BB6DF8E.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  67.4 KBName:  IMG_2472.JPG
Views: 724
Size:  39.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I've always loved the looks of Garrity's stuff. How's his delivery time?
    It’s been several years since my last order. Back then it wasn’t too bad, around 3 months IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The McDaniel II has several benefits. First, the belt loop is behind the gun instead of over it. This means less bulk under a garment and it causes the belt to pull the gun in closer to your body. The holster ships with 2 loops so you can have one for a dress belt, and one for a range or casual gun belt.

The loop is attached with a locking screw that allows the user to adjust the angle to fit your body. The reinforced steel will NOT collapse and I say that having used this holster from 1997-ish forward. I’ve used it with 1911’s and full size Glocks. The guns are practically invisible under a t-shirt. Sam also makes the holster rough side out. This makes for a smoother draw and faster break-in as well as helps stabilize the holster in your pants so it’s always in the same position when you reach for it. Sam also offeres a thumb-break, body shield, or open top configuration.

The only reason I stopped using my McD II for day to day carry is that I keep a weapon light on my pistol 24/7 now.
    I have two McDaniel 2 holsters. For me, the gun moves around too much, though I know some like the gun to “move with them”.

User Tag List