Thread: Bravo Company's new prototype upper now on the market

Site Supporter

Bravo Company's new prototype upper now on the market

Bravo Company has officially released their MK2 upper. I have read on other forums that a more rigid receiver can help on precision rifle builds. I have used the Vltor MUR for general purpose uppers and always thought it an excellent product. This might be a great alternative and less expensive as well.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-mk2-...er-t-markings/

Gas expansion areas is an interesting concept. I would be curious to shooting a MK2 upper side by side with one of their standard uppers suppressed. I'd also like to see some data as far as the accuracy difference claims. Looks like a real interesting product.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-15-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Larry Vickers featured the MK2 Receiver here:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Gas expansion areas is an interesting concept. I would be curious to shooting a MK2 upper side by side with one of their standard uppers suppressed. I'd also like to see some data as far as the accuracy difference claims. Looks like a real interesting product.
    This may not be hard data BCM will be willing to release, but it is a legitimate effort, and fairly easy to test.

I've done demonstrations and tests with lasers mounted to handguards, suspending weights or applying loads, and measuring the amount of deflection at distance. I found out immediately that if I installed a good scope mount, it reclaimed rigidity and would deflect noticeably less.

As far as daytime precision/accuracy, I can't see there being a noticeable (more than 1/2 MOA) difference given you can get a standard AR to shoot sub minute without too much fuss, but I'll bet there's noticeable increased capability using an IR LAD.

About damn time someone moved the forward assist though!

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Larry Vickers featured the MK2 Receiver here:

The upper looks good, but bluntly that's as good as I've ever seen Larry V look. Good job LV for getting into some kind of fighting fitness. There's hope for many of us that are over (XX fill in the blank) age.

Nice receiver. I would prefer no forward assist at all though.

Meet the new upper, same as the old upper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C1-2DG View Post
    About damn time someone moved the forward assist though!

S/F
    Just about my only gripe with the AR. I think this is probably the best damn feature about the receiver along with the added material around ejection port and on the opposing side, everything else is minutia as far as I'm concerned but it's cool that they are innovating. The gas expansion pockets are really intriguing to me though. It will also be interesting if other manufactures come up with their own new dimensions/concept based of BCM's.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-16-2019 at 03:26 PM.

User Tag List