Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Glock G49 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    Recoil magazine, has news of a possible leak, that Glock will release the G49 handgun soon. the G49 will be a 10mm with a 8 round magazine, possibly another addition to the Glock slim line. What do you think?

https://www.recoilweb.com/prediction...ks-155146.html
    OMFG a single stack 10mm Glock has been on my Grail list for years.

However since then I've concluded the 10mm is pretty much Meh vs .40. So there's that.

I think that's a great product to bring out though.

I'd rather see a G43/43X .22 now. Must be a sign of my mid 60's. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'd rather see a gen 5 G35 with a window cut than a single stack 10mm and I love shooting 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If they released G17 that had short dust cover people I'm sure would lose their minds.
    Isn't that the G47?

The G45, G47, and this G49 are the natural parts-bin swap configurations that come about from the Gen5 locking block standardization.
    G45 - 17 frame with short dust cover to accept 19 slide
    G47 - 17 frame with short dust cover, uses 17 slide with extended recoil spring tube to fit short dust cover. Can accept 19-length slide.
    G49 - 19 frame, 17 slide with extended spring tube. Could also accept 19 slide.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

So it is a gen5 17 upper on a gen5 19 lower ....or essentially this that Suarez has been doing for over a year now (in both Gen 3 and 4/5) and just recently discontinued?......Name:  Suarez SI347.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  1.9 KB

I fully support a G19L if that is what this really is. I was in the process of building one with a polymer 80 lower receiver and a Brownell’s slide but abandoned that project.

I can’t understand the use case for a slim 10mm over putting out G20/21s in a Gen 5 configuration with MOS options. I would buy a Gen 5 G20 MOS as soon as it hit the shelves. I’m done buying iron sighted guns. Optic ready is the way to go for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The gun that was in demand when the 19X came out and everyone said they wanted instead of a 19X.. If it truly is a 17 slide on a 19 frame the sales will be disappointing.
    Look carefully at the front of the slide in the photo. That is a G47 slide on a 19 frame - so 17 length but uses the G19 RSA.

Kind of a yawn.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Isn't that the G47?

The G45, G47, and this G49 are the natural parts-bin swap configurations that come about from the Gen5 locking block standardization.
    G45 - 17 frame with short dust cover to accept 19 slide
    G47 - 17 frame with short dust cover, uses 17 slide with extended recoil spring tube to fit short dust cover. Can accept 19-length slide.
    G49 - 19 frame, 17 slide with extended spring tube. Could also accept 19 slide.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    So it is a gen5 17 upper on a gen5 19 lower ....or essentially this that Suarez has been doing for over a year now (in both Gen 3 and 4/5) and just recently discontinued?......Name:  Suarez SI347.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  1.9 KB
    Appears to be the same beast essentially, he's been on this train for about a decade now I remember. Seems they haven't been huge sellers for him to dump them...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Look carefully at the front of the slide in the photo. That is a G47 slide on a 19 frame - so 17 length but uses the G19 RSA.

Kind of a yawn.
    Ok, so you could slide swap G45 19 and this? Would it be productive for them to make the 17 slide fit this also for the ability to LEGO your Glocks? I like the lego concept but the 19 frame with a 17 size slide meh.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ok, so you could slide swap G45 19 and this? Would it be productive for them to make the 17 slide fit this also for the ability to LEGO your Glocks? I like the lego concept but the 19 frame with a 17 size slide meh.
    Yes, you could put a G19/45 slide on this, or the G47/G49 slide on the G19/G45 frame. They already make the G17 length slide - that's the Glock 47. It's just not commercially available.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 05-04-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List