Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G49 10mm

Glock G49 10mm

Recoil magazine, has news of a possible leak, that Glock will release the G49 handgun soon. the G49 will be a 10mm with a 8 round magazine, possibly another addition to the Glock slim line. What do you think?

https://www.recoilweb.com/prediction...ks-155146.html

I mentioned this in the big new Glock thread the other day, and it was pointed out the model number shown doesn’t make sense for a 49. I’m still skeptical, but I would be interested if it is true - I’m moving to moose country.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Capacity is one of the main arguments for a semi auto as a field handgun. Using the Givens analogy, 8+1 is a one bear gun, in a world where a sow often travels with two cubs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    One bear, is what I said in the other 10mm thread. Support the right to bear bear arms. I do find the analyses of the image seems to indicate a bogus job, but who knows.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Capacity is one of the main arguments for a semi auto as a field handgun. Using the Givens analogy, 8+1 is a one bear gun, in a world where a sow often travels with two cubs.
    A lot of guys are walking around in the mountains with a 5 or 6 shot magnum revolver. Would a lighter weight 9 shot semiauto make sense then? I know you’re using a .45 USP with .45 Super loads in Alaska, but my personal travels are more likely to include multiple return trips to California that might also include visits to Washington, Idaho, Oregon, etc, than more than one lifetime visit (bucket list hunting trip, perhaps) to Alaska.

I’m much more likely to have to shoot an irritated range cow than a bear. I’m not thinking “ooh, 10mm is The Thing.” But I am thinking that a heavier caliber hiking pistol might be “A Good Thing,” and if so, it will probably be a semiauto and may well be a G30 simply due to availability, cost, weight. and familiarity, which would, with standard mags, be 10+1. I think round count might be, at some undefinable number, a matter of angels dancing on pin heads more than likely significant need.

Slim, light, 10mm might be on that list if it got out in the world and actually works with hardcast or Underwood penetrators. For now, I’m probably just gonna keep hiking with a 9mm Glock loaded with Underwood.

I’d be surprised if they release a 10mm in that configuration before a .45 acp. Is the market really there for a slimline 10mm? It’s not exactly a popular cartridge.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’d be surprised if they release a 10mm in that configuration before a .45 acp. Is the market really there for a slimline 10mm? It’s not exactly a popular cartridge.
    I don’t have time to respond to Duelist’s interesting post above, as I am on the way to a match, but the market for a single stack Glock 10 is probably a few dozen! That may change, though, after the next election.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t have time to respond to Duelist’s interesting post above, as I am on the way to a match, but the market for a single stack Glock 10 is probably a few dozen! That may change, though, after the next election.
    Good luck at the match!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

Slim, light, 10mm might be on that list if it got out in the world and actually works with hardcast or Underwood penetrators.
    Spoiler alert - it won’t. If the full size 10mms choke with that ammo, I doubt they’ll crack the code with a smaller & lighter gun.

Yes, but IMO not for charitable reasons. Lotsa guys carrying a big compact pistol to guard their ego, and a 10mm single stack loaded with the fastest bullet you can buy (or make) is just the accessory for a certain group of gun owners.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 12-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I just assumed it was a 10mm G36.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List