Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Glock G49 10mm

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ok, so you could slide swap G45 19 and this? Would it be productive for them to make the 17 slide fit this also for the ability to LEGO your Glocks? I like the lego concept but the 19 frame with a 17 size slide meh.
    Yes. As @LOKNLOAD broke down above.

The 47 and 49 slides appear to be the same slide with different markings just as the G19/G45 slides are the same slide with different markings.

I kinda like the idea.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

G48 called and asked why everyone was bitching about its G43 recoil assembly.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Slight thread drift, but are G47s experiencing similar issues to G48s due to the downsized RSA?

Site Supporter
    Will the Glock 50 be a single stack .45?

I wonder when these are releasing. Kinda regret ordering a 19 MOS now.. it would be far more efficient to own a G45 and then this.

So, if I wanted to “try it before I buy it” could I pop my G17.5 top end on my G19.5 frame and shoot it some? I realize there would be a gap in front of the dustcover, but firing it in that configuration wouldn’t actually hurt anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Slight thread drift, but are G47s experiencing similar issues to G48s due to the downsized RSA?
    The G47 is generally only in DHS hands, and I'm not privy to their data, but I don't think what you describe is likely. The G48 uses a G43/43x recoil assembly, which is so short that its window of operation (margins for error) with 9mm is very narrow, hence the "issues." The G47 uses a G19 recoil assembly, which is....well vetted. The theory of short recoil assemblies for overall slide length is well tested in the G34/35/17L family with good success, it's just the super short slimline assembly required some compromises to make it fit the physical space available.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    So, if I wanted to “try it before I buy it” could I pop my G17.5 top end on my G19.5 frame and shoot it some? I realize there would be a gap in front of the dustcover, but firing it in that configuration wouldn’t actually hurt anything right?
    I was told not to, as although the G5 has standardized locking blocks, the 17.5 has longer forward frame rails that will bottom out in the 19.5 slide. Allegedly you can dremel the 17.5 frame rails to 19 length, but I've not seen first person evidence that it actually works.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

The more I think about this, the more I like the concept. Then again, I’ve always been intrigued by CCO designs, and have fooled with my own 19 slide on 26 frame contraptions. This would make a good non-compensated 19 carry alternative, especially with irons.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Larry Vickers posted this earlier. Not a 10mm.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List