Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glasses

Glasses

I'm an astigmatism "sufferer" so I always have glasses, always wear them. They're always the polycarbonate shatter-proof lens, so I always said "good enough, I don't need safety glasses!"

But the amount of eye left exposed, and as I adopt more leaning-forward stances, I find myself looking over the glasses sometimes. Now, if it's bright, and I'm wearing my maui jims, all is covered, all is good.

Do you normal glasses wearers wearers wear special shooting glasses? Where do you get them without paying an arm and a leg? Do you buy shooting goggles with prescription inserts? Can you see when in an aggressively forward stance, or does the frame get in the way?

I wonder if I should just get some maui jims and put clear lenses in them......

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I'm an astigmatism "sufferer" so I always have glasses, always wear them. They're always the polycarbonate shatter-proof lens, so I always said "good enough, I don't need safety glasses!"

But the amount of eye left exposed, and as I adopt more leaning-forward stances, I find myself looking over the glasses sometimes. Now, if it's bright, and I'm wearing my maui jims, all is covered, all is good.

Do you normal glasses wearers wearers wear special shooting glasses? Where do you get them without paying an arm and a leg? Do you buy shooting goggles with prescription inserts? Can you see when in an aggressively forward stance, or does the frame get in the way?

I wonder if I should just get some maui jims and put clear lenses in them......

I have this problem as well, so i'm looking for answers.

Contact lenses and full wrap shooting glasses.

Site Supporter
    What Rich said. I also I have a set of 1974 style "Dirty Harry" Aviators with a Yellow and Rose Colored sunglass clip. The set up was under 150.00 and the large lenses size protects my eyes well.

I use Revision Sawfly with Rx insert great company to do business with and they take care of our troops

ESS Crossbows with Rx inserts. They take a little getting used to but not much worse than acclimating to a new Rx in "regular" glasses. Worth a try.

I also have a friend who hates contacts and wears Oakley M frames with RX inserts.
    He loves them but they're pretty pricey.

I have a few friends who wear Rudy Project glasses and they speak very highly of them. I know one of the guys has RX inserts and he seems to like them. They are expensive but there are some promotion codes floating around for 30-40% off.

The issue I run into is that most wrap around glasses like Oakleys are too tight to fit my fat head comfortably.

I wear my eye glasses when shooting in competition but when I'm at the range running drills or just shooting i wear my contacts with native glasses
    Chemist.

User Tag List