Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: 4.2" GP100 holster that will mount on MOLLE or Safariland QLS?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Reports vary about whether that actually fits a 4.2” vs true 4” GP100. I sent an email off to Safariland on Wednesday or Thursday but haven't heard back.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Reports vary about whether that actually fits a 4.2” vs true 4” GP100. I sent an email off to Safariland on Wednesday or Thursday but haven't heard back.
    This particular Safariland holster, for revolvers, has been a rare bird, in the past. If stock is low, do not hesitate too long. This particular seller is a a very good one.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This particular Safariland holster, for revolvers, has been a rare bird, in the past. If stock is low, do not hesitate too long. This particular seller is a a very good one.
    My understanding is that all the ones out there are New Old Stock, designed before Ruger went from the 4" barrel to a 4.2" barrel to sell in the Canadian market. I've heard reports that it "should" fit, to "I have the holster in one hand and the 4.2" GP100 in the other, and it doesn't work."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Also...

After checking all the "usual suspects" I stumbled across this at Stealth Gear:

https://stealthgearusa.com/ruger-gp1...b-owb-holster/

It's an open top holster for the GP100, but does come with an ELS fork. I don't think I'm going to go that route, but I'll put the link there in case one of the three other people on the planet that have this problem stumbles across this thread. I have zero experience with Stealth Gear, but a little searching on this forum and some others doesn't reveal any big red flags.

I found a seller on ebay that had the PALS adapter in stock. Link Here.

@BobM, I ordered one but there are several left. I think I'm going to give that solution a whirl and see how it works.

regarding the 6280:

Hi,
    I'm sorry the model 6280 will only work with the Ruger GP100 for a 4 and 6 inch barrel.
    Thank you,
    Safariland Customer Care Team

--------------- Original Message ---------------

To: customercare@safariland.com
    Subject: 6280 Holster, for 4.2" GP100

Hello,

Can you tell me if the Safariland 6280 holster will work for a Ruger GP100 with a 4.2" barrel?

The holster is listed for a 4" Barrel. In the last few years, Ruger has started making this gun with a 4.2" barrel, I believe to sell in the Canadian market.

I know that retention holsters are often very closely fitted and I'm wondering if this .2" difference is significant.

Thanks for your help!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just spoke with someone at Safariland customer service. He advised me to not try to use the holster finder, as it's a buggy, confusing POS (my words, not his) that is likely to be less than helpful (paraphrasing him). Instead, go to this link and download the applicable PDF, which will be complete and accurate:

https://www.safariland.com/holsters-...it-charts.html
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    regarding the 6280:

Hi,
    I'm sorry the model 6280 will only work with the Ruger GP100 for a 4 and 6 inch barrel.
    Thank you,
    Safariland Customer Care Team

--------------- Original Message ---------------

To: customercare@safariland.com
    Subject: 6280 Holster, for 4.2" GP100

Hello,

Can you tell me if the Safariland 6280 holster will work for a Ruger GP100 with a 4.2" barrel?

The holster is listed for a 4" Barrel. In the last few years, Ruger has started making this gun with a 4.2" barrel, I believe to sell in the Canadian market.

I know that retention holsters are often very closely fitted and I'm wondering if this .2" difference is significant.

Thanks for your help!
    I bet a dremel would fix that

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I bet a dremel would fix that
    Maybe. Thankfully my duty holster days are over. My PALS adapter should be here tomorrow and we'll see how that works.

User Tag List