Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: 4.2" GP100 holster that will mount on MOLLE or Safariland QLS?

RFI: 4.2" GP100 holster that will mount on MOLLE or Safariland QLS?

I'm looking for a holster for a 4.2" GP100 that will mount on either directly to the PALS webbing on my HPG recon belt, or go on a Safarailand MOLLE Fork or QLS mount.

I've checked all the usual suspects. Blade-Tech used to do it, but no more.

Any ideas?

By the time I piece together a UM84R and the bits and bobs to put it on the belt, I'll be $125 into a mediocre holster.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’ve been pondering a similar problem. I found a site called “Jimmy Tarps” that makes an adapter to mount regular holsters to MOLLE belts. I want to mount a holster for my 5” 629 crossdraw on the front left of my Prairie belt. The guy said he’s out of stock but should have some ready Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’ve been pondering a similar problem. I found a site called “Jimmy Tarps” that makes an adapter to mount regular holsters to MOLLE belts. I want to mount a holster for my 5” 629 crossdraw on the front left of my Prairie belt. The guy said he’s out of stock but should have some ready Monday.
    This is perfect. Thank you.

I had resigned myself to an open top, Kydex holster, which is fine 99% of the time, but would likely result in a lost firearm during a tumble down the mountain during elks season. This way I can use my old fashioned thumb break holster. I like my Kit Bag for discreet carry, but when I'm really out in the boonies, I prefer to have the gun on my hip.

And only $20 to boot?

Shut up and take my money.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I found a site called “Jimmy Tarps” that makes an adapter to mount regular holsters to MOLLE belts.
    Backpacking Tarps | Jimmy Tarps
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The order link is broken but Kifaru is supposed to have one similar: https://kifaru.net/holsters.html

Hellweg used to make several different holsters for GP100s for the Australian Police. They might still have some MOLLE holsters or adapters in stock.

Hmm, thinking about a molle kabar mount. The velcro part might not work but you might thread the entire thing through the holster belt loop.

Looks like they list a Safariland 567 for the 4.5” GP100. QLS fork should be compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Looks like they list a Safariland 567 for the 4.5” GP100. QLS fork should be compatible.
    They do, and it should. That holster is a total gun bucket and has even less retention than a kydex rig where the gun snaps in.

Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List