Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact 4.0" 9mm and Originial Shield 9mm pictures

I had a lot of rounds through a shield before moving to the g43. I really do not see how people put them down so much. With some Talons and sights am amazed at how well they shoot. I shoot the g43 better out of the two. Never hurt my hands and honestly not much off my g19 in my hands. I threw the j frame in the safe and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have always felt Smith hit it out of the park with the Shield, particularly prior to the release of the G43/43X. I have had three, currently still have two, all first generation models. I have found them to be accurate, reliable, and very easy to conceal. I usually carry mine with a 7 round mag with a pinkie extension (I can’t remember who makes them right now) and have as good a control on them as I could expect from a pistol that size.

I agree that speed work requires a good grip, but for me and my purposes it is an acceptable trade off for a pistol I generally use for low risk/threat environments. If I want something bigger it is usually in the G19 size range, though recently I have rediscovered how much I like my 1.0 compacts as well.
    Polite Professional

Vending Machine Operator
    I shoot my Shield 2.0 far better than I shot my G43. Just goes to show that choice/variety is a good thing.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I have always felt Smith hit it out of the park with the Shield, particularly prior to the release of the G43/43X. I have had three, currently still have two, all first generation models. I have found them to be accurate, reliable, and very easy to conceal. I usually carry mine with a 7 round mag with a pinkie extension (I can’t remember who makes them right now) and have as good a control on them as I could expect from a pistol that size.

I agree that speed work requires a good grip, but for me and my purposes it is an acceptable trade off for a pistol I generally use for low risk/threat environments. If I want something bigger it is usually in the G19 size range, though recently I have rediscovered how much I like my 1.0 compacts as well.
    Pretty much the same boat. For routine/ low-risk, the Shield 2.0. As a belt gun, the 2.0 4" Compact.

Neither of mine have ever choked, though they showed an early preference for different ammo (which seemed to go away once I had about 400 rounds down their respective pipes).

Question Trigger/barrel movement...

Compared to Compact, the shield's barrel moves when trigger clicks.
    I can press the trigger slowly and compact's barrel move is insignificant but shield's barrel jerks slightly.
    Is it because small frame and short barrel?

I was carrying a G19 for a few years. The Shield is my EDC and love it. Easy to carry and to shoot with. If you carry appendix and have a holster with a wing, carrying with the mag extension is not an issue at all printing wise. People say if you can carry a Shield/G43 appendix then you should be able to carry a G19 no problem. I just didn't like the bulkiness but to each their own.

I got a shield when they first came out, it had a horrid gritty trigger so I installed a full apex kit. But in the end I could not keep the front sight from twitching left no matter how I griped the pistol. I think it has something to do with the thin front strap for me. But the shield did seem to absorb recoil better than my g43 and feel like a slightly bigger gun. I am sure the 2.0 are pretty sweet by now. I'd like to get my hands on the 4" shield some time and see how that one works for me. I also wish they would make the safety bigger on the shield and more useable.

How does the safety work out for you on the compact?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    ... I'd like to get my hands on the 4" shield some time and see how that one works for me. I also wish they would make the safety bigger on the shield and more useable.

How does the safety work out for you on the compact?
    The compact is my first gun and it's great.
    The safety feels great and I can rest my thumb on it easily.

The safety on shield is small and little bit harder to engage.
    I guess it prevents engaging it accidentally while carrying.

Shield shoots fine but I'm having trouble hitting the target.
    It's off my few inches compared to the compact when I compared side by side.
    Looks like their sights are not aligned the same or it's the shooter's skill.

User Tag List