Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact 4.0" 9mm and Originial Shield 9mm pictures

M&P 2.0 Compact 4.0" 9mm and Originial Shield 9mm pictures

Just got the original Shield yesterday and put it next to the compact 4".
    I always wondered how much different they are in terms of size and height.
    With 8 round magazine, Shield same height as the 4" compact.
    The rear slights are narrower so it's hard to see gaps in between.
    Maybe night/glowing sights help.
    Shield shoots little high but that maybe just me with new gun.
    I only tried th 8 round magazine and it feels pretty good.
    Also, the magazines don't flush completely and have little bit gap.

Here are the pictures, lots of them to compare with 8 round and 7 round magazines with 4" compact.
    Cell phone camera so nothing professional.

Shield with 8 round magazine:

Shield with 7 round magazine:

As you can see, Shield's rear sights are closer together:

I tried a friend's Shield and found it unshootable. From the too thin, too slick, too short grip, to the barely usable sights, I advised him to sell it ASAP. He tried my CZ P-01 and ended up with a CZ 75D PCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I tried a friend's Shield and found it unshootable. From the too thin, too slick, too short grip, to the barely usable sights, I advised him to sell it ASAP. He tried my CZ P-01 and ended up with a CZ 75D PCR.
    That's what I was afraid of when I got it but it feels pretty good.
    It feels little skinny but I found it pretty good.
    Maybe because I was used to the compact.

Aim was little bit high compared to the compact probably due to different grip size changing the point of aim.
    The only thing that is difficult is the rear sights gap.
    It's already hard on the compact and shield has even narrower sights so can't get even gap around the front sight.
    Hopefully, more range time fixes that.
    I only tried 8 round magazine and 7 round maybe little bit harder due to shorter grip.
    We'll see next time with the 7 round magazine.

Nice set of pics, thx for posting.

Some shoot the Shield really well, others dont. Completely user preference.

I guess similar. I found that I can shoot the single stacks as well slow as I can the doubles. If I speed up I find the gun twist in recoil.

This goes back to the P365 vs everything else threads - these micro-compacts are great to carry, not to shoot. I have a Shield in .45, and it's uber accurate (scarily so), but it's darned near uncontrollable in any timed drills - just too much recoil and not enough meat to hold onto. I'm firmly convinced there's a tipping point in grip size below which any real shootability is hard to achieve in normal human hands (meaning not GJM or other high level competitors who shoot EVERYTHING very well).

Having said that, the Shield is a great "get off me" gun, or a gun for deep concealment for those who don't have badge & credentials to hide behind because of their "casual" version of concealment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    That's what I was afraid of when I got it but it feels pretty good.
    It feels little skinny but I found it pretty good.
    Maybe because I was used to the compact.

Aim was little bit high compared to the compact probably due to different grip size changing the point of aim.
    The only thing that is difficult is the rear sights gap.
    It's already hard on the compact and shield has even narrower sights so can't get even gap around the front sight.
    Hopefully, more range time fixes that.
    I only tried 8 round magazine and 7 round maybe little bit harder due to shorter grip.
    We'll see next time with the 7 round magazine.
    I thought my Shield 9 was a nice little gun that shot well - but my buddy’s Shield .40 was pretty unpleasant.

Both of my magazines failed at less than 200 rounds through the gun, so I traded it for a G26 that I am much happier with.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    This goes back to the P365 vs everything else threads - these micro-compacts are great to carry, not to shoot. I have a Shield in .45, and it's uber accurate (scarily so), but it's darned near uncontrollable in any timed drills - just too much recoil and not enough meat to hold onto. I'm firmly convinced there's a tipping point in grip size below which any real shootability is hard to achieve in normal human hands (meaning not GJM or other high level competitors who shoot EVERYTHING very well).

Having said that, the Shield is a great "get off me" gun, or a gun for deep concealment for those who don't have badge & credentials to hide behind because of their "casual" version of concealment.
    Shield will be the first one to carry.
    If I find it too small, good news is I already have the compact.

As for P365, I tried it in the range.
    It feels pretty good but didn't have manual safety when I tried it.
    It's little pricey but now it released a version with manual safety so it could be next.
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-14-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

I don't know what a P365 is. But I won't carry any semi auto that isn't double stack and at least as big as a Glock 19. A CZ P-01 fits the bill perfectly. And based on how much I'm liking the P-10F, it's very likely I'll get a P-10C for EDC.

If I need something ultra concealable I have a 637 with a bobbed hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    As for P365, I tried it in the range.
    It feels pretty good but didn't have manual safety when I tried it.
    It's little pricey but now it released a version with manual safety so it could be next.
    I love my P365, but since you just purchased your first gun ~6 months ago I think you'd be much better off putting 3+ cases of ammo through your shield in dedicated practice before adding another ccw pistol to your collection.

I don't know what a P365 is.
    It is a surprisingly shootable 10+1 pocket 9mm.

P365 vs P10c
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-12-14-14-45-36-1.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  43.4 KB
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 12-14-2019 at 05:49 PM.

User Tag List