Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Executive pardons in KY

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    LaPierre's base salary of $1.3 million, bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000.

He does not give a flying fuck about NRA members, other than as a source of his personal piggy bank......

They will NEVER see another penny from me again.
    FTNRA
    I’m in agreement the NRA leadership has to go, starting with WLP.

But let’s not confuse criticism of the management with the dedication of the worker bees. As the Navy Fat Leonard case proves, many ethical and dedicated people are commanded by dirtbags.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I’m in agreement the NRA leadership has to go, starting with WLP.

But let’s not confuse criticism of the management with the dedication of the worker bees.
    This, IMHO. I’ve seen some pretty bad leadership at the university level, my local PD, in hospital admin... doesn't mean that there isn’t a dedicated core of teachers, cops, and docs taking care of business underneath a cloud of high-profile fuckery.

On another subject, I’m getting tired of reading about Bloomberg spending 4.7mil to our side’s 130k. That’a exactly what happened in WA state. Only dif is there were 3 big local techies also dumping major dough, so WA was probably a foregone conclusion. Still beat the mag limits with excellent and articulate turnout though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I have no doubt there are some dedicated people, with the best of intentions at the NRA, but a great many members feel like they have been betrayed, and rightly so.

Until WLP is gone, and there is a massive house cleaning at the NRA.. not one more dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This, IMHO. I’ve seen some pretty bad leadership at the university level, my local PD, in hospital admin... doesn't mean that there isn’t a dedicated core of teachers, cops, and docs taking care of business underneath a cloud of high-profile fuckery.

On another subject, I’m getting tired of reading about Bloomberg spending 4.7mil to our side’s 130k. That’a exactly what happened in WA state. Only dif is there were 3 big local techies also dumping major dough, so WA was probably a foregone conclusion. Still beat the mag limits with excellent and articulate turnout though.
    To all of those who spent millions to cause me misery and keep me from buying firearms.

Hasn't stopped me from legally buying anything. Keep spending. Spend more.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Wow, a thread about an outgoing governor pardoning people who don't deserve to be pardoned lasted half a page before it turned into yet another thread about the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post

Wayne is highly compensated.
    His total compensation has exceeded some CEOs on the Fortune 1000 list, despite the fact even the smallest of those organizations have many times the number of employees of the NRA, and many times more in total net assets.

Further, how many CEOs on the Fortune 1000 list are having their corporations pay for outrageous things like hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of clothes, which hasn't been counted in the other accounting of "total compensation?"

I do find it funny though that I stopped giving money to the NRA back in the early 90s, and long before George Bush, due to my problems with how Lapierre was running the NRA. I was derided for that opinion by many friends and acquaintances over the years, most of whom now have reached the same conclusion about Lapierre.

He's bad for the NRA, and what little good he may have done is now clearly outweighed by all the bad. Anyone who believes otherwise is clearly in denial.

As I've said since shortly after Lapierre took over, if the NRA wants any money from me, then they need to.get rid of Lapierre.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...bevin-n1106961

The FBI is looking into pardons issued by former Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a Republican, including clemency given to a murderer and a child rapist, according to a report.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I saw something along those lines. Absent a quid pro pecunia or something along the lines of a Blagojevich-type shakedown, I don't know what the FBI can do here, other than cause Bevin to lose sleep and spend money on lawyers.

If he's dumb enough to sit down for an interview with an agent and then lie, all bets are off.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List