Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Executive pardons in KY

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Executive pardons in KY

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/78781...-hundreds-more

Bevin, a Republican who narrowly lost a bid for a second term last month, issued pardons to hundreds of people, including convicted rapists, murderers and drug offenders.

In one case, Bevin pardoned a man convicted of homicide. That man's family raised more than $20,000 at a political fundraiser to help Bevin pay off a debt owed from his 2015 gubernatorial campaign.

In all, the former governor signed off on 428 pardons and commutations since his loss to Democrat Andy Beshear, according to The Courier-Journal. The paper notes, "The beneficiaries include one offender convicted of raping a child, another who hired a hit man to kill his business partner and a third who killed his parents."
    (more at link)

I'm more and more convinced that this relic of the feudal age needs to end.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/78781...-hundreds-more

(more at link)

I'm more and more convinced that this relic of the feudal age needs to end.
    And the incoming governor has gun control bills waiting on him.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...g-gov-to-sign/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    And the incoming governor has gun control bills waiting on him.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...g-gov-to-sign/
    Last I heard, Republicans controlled the KY statehouse.

(Breitbart? Really?)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Last I heard, Republicans controlled the KY statehouse.

(Breitbart? Really?)
    You are correct. It wont pass but the intent is still there.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I don't think the issue is so much pardons; most governors seem reluctant to use them even in cases that seem like they are pardon worthy. The issue is that Matt Bevin seems to be selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I don't think the issue is so much pardons; most governors seem reluctant to use them even in cases that seem like they are pardon worthy. The issue is that Matt Bevin seems to be selling them.
    Yup, doesn’t matter what party a politician is from, when they start selling things like pardons, senate seats, etc, they need to be tried, convicted, and sent to prison for the rest of their lives, With no hope of parole.. The minute they decided to start selling these things, was the minute they became a criminal, and should be treated as such..

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    You are correct. It wont pass but the intent is still there.
    Getting outraged over bills that have no chance of passing is inane. Needless, to say, it's what WLP and his group of paranoiacs have been doing for a very long time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I think the at least PART of the issue is pardons. There's zero checks and balances on it, especially in these mass pardons as the governor or POTUS exits office. It strikes me as the fuedal lord who can overturn the will of the judiciary and the people (jury) at will with no recourse. If it's sold, used for partisan purposes, used to pardon henchmen, etc. there's nothing to be done.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Getting outraged over bills that have no chance of passing is inane. Needless, to say, it's what WLP and his group of paranoiacs have been doing for a very long time.
    Trouble is, it works.. WLP didn’t get his chippie’s rent paid, or a new Italian suit on his dime... It’s so predictable..

A. Find a useless gun control bill that has litte, or no chance of passing..
    B. Write “sky is falling letter” make sure you make it sound dire, like, if it passes the feds will be at your door at zero dark thirty, the next day.. Send it out to the membership, in brown envelope marked “Urgent” in red letters..
    C. Watch the money roll in...

They've changed tactics, WLP doesn't care about what's happening in Virginia right now.
    #RESIST

User Tag List