Thread: 3-stitch vs 5-stitch - Are they really stiifer - and why?

3-stitch vs 5-stitch - Are they really stiffer - and why?

I've been wearing my new Wilderness LowPro EDC for several days. I posted my thoughts in another thread. Handling this belt and also my 5-stitch Wilderness belt, I don't see a real big difference in stiffness in any direction. If indeed the 5-stitch is stiffer, why exactly is it stiffer? Why would 2 extra rows of stitching make it stiffer?
    Last edited by Larry T; 12-12-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Think of it like plywood that's not glued together. To me it seems to be mostly vertical rigidity.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Think of it like plywood that's not glued together. To me it seems to be mostly vertical rigidity.
    Yes, vertical. I have a general mental picture of how it might work but in my hands twisting and testing the vertical stiffness, I really don't feel a difference.

Perhaps it’s like razors. It used to be a single blade. Then two blades, three and isn’t there one now with 5?

More is better.

But seriously I’ve purchased 4 5-stitch Wilderness belts. Two for me and one for each of my sons. They are well made and do the job required well. I’m not going to fret over the difference between 3 or 5 or the price.

User Tag List