Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock & Springfield .40 to 9 Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Yes, XD40 4" to 9mm, Storm Lake type, and G22 to 9mm barrel, Wolf threaded type.
    Cool. I'll be watching closely as I may soon be setting up an RTF2 G22 for 9mm use (because my RTF2 G17 is such a spectacular shooter.)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Change the ejector to 9mm

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004268721

If I remember correctly the founder of this forum said that the Glock 9mm was designed for hot NATO ammo, and was oversprung.

I use a 13 lbs recoil spring in my G17s and G34, as do many of the people I shoot with. The OEM is 17 or 18 lbs.
    Almost all service pistols are oversprung, not just Glocks.

I don't know what the rate is for the OEM recoil springs in my CZ P-09 and P-10F, but both are much heavier than they need to be and I've replaced them with lighter ones. The pistols still function 100% with ammo that has a power factor between 130 and 140 (both factory and reloads) and I hardly ever clean them.

The lighter springs (15 lbs/in in the P-09 and 13 lbs/in in the P-10) pretty much eliminate muzzle dip when the slide goes into battery.

I run my Gen 4 G23 with my Lone Wolf .40-9mm conversion barrel with the .40 RSA. The Gen 4’s do have caliber specific RSA’s. I’ve got about a thousand rounds through it now with zero malfunctions. I actually have G19 RSA’s because I have a G19, but I never saw the need to use a 9mm RSA when running the G23 converted to 9mm.

I also run my Gen 2 G23 with that same LW conversion barrel. The Gen 2 RSA is not caliber specific. Not as many rounds through it, but zero malfunctions there too !

When converting either of my G23’s to 9mm, I change barrel and mags only, and I’ve never had a problem. Lot’s of folks say change the extractor, RSA, and ejector for reliability. Or say that they would never carry one converted for defense. But after several hundred rounds of flawless, various 9mm rounds through the pipe, how much more reliability do folks expect ?

I converted my G22 Gen4 to 9mm with the 40 to 9 barrel from KKM. Ejection sucked, so I put the 9mm ejector assembly in. Now ejection is more uniform and positive. Gun has had no issues running practice or duty ammo since the caliber swap. Practice ammo is AE 124 and duty ammo is Critical Duty 135 +p, felt really nice shooting and not like +p ammo I have shot in the past.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve113 View Post
    I run my Gen 4 G23 with my Lone Wolf .40-9mm conversion barrel with the .40 RSA. The Gen 4’s do have caliber specific RSA’s. I’ve got about a thousand rounds through it now with zero malfunctions. I actually have G19 RSA’s because I have a G19, but I never saw the need to use a 9mm RSA when running the G23 converted to 9mm.

I also run my Gen 2 G23 with that same LW conversion barrel. The Gen 2 RSA is not caliber specific. Not as many rounds through it, but zero malfunctions there too !

When converting either of my G23’s to 9mm, I change barrel and mags only, and I’ve never had a problem. Lot’s of folks say change the extractor, RSA, and ejector for reliability. Or say that they would never carry one converted for defense. But after several hundred rounds of flawless, various 9mm rounds through the pipe, how much more reliability do folks expect ?
    The general consensus on the forum from past discussions is no less than 1000 rounds, closer to 2000 being better, and we despise the term "flawless" being thrown out on pistols that have barely been shot.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The general consensus on the forum from past discussions is no less than 1000 rounds, closer to 2000 being better, and we despise the term "flawless" being thrown out on pistols that have barely been shot.
    OK. Then several hundred rounds with zero malfunctions ! BTW, that particular G23 does have several thousand rounds through it, but only several hundred, possibly 1000 rounds, through it converted to 9mm. It is my issued duty weapon so I couldn't carry it in 9mm configuration even if I wanted to.

In .40 it has zero malfunctions except when it has a WML attached. Then it has constant malfunctions. So you are technically correct, the weapon is not flawless. That is the reason that I am abandoning it for 9mm and .45 for duty (GLOCKs are mandated). I am plain clothed so that means my personally owned, authorized G26 and G30S. I am also qualified with my G19 but I rarely carry it on duty. Oddly enough though, if I could only choose one, it would be the G19.

User Tag List