Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Tech 17-round HK P30/VP9 Mags - prelim review

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Bad news: top round is so tight that loading a full mag on a closed slide is classified as one of the Twelve Labors of Hercules. In practice, these are going to be 16 round mags.
    Maybe they'll loosen up over time; my spare 20 rounders with TF base plates are fairly difficult to seat when loaded to 26, but the ones I use for USPSA have loosened up quite nicely. Have not had any issues so far, still lock back on empty when I'm not aggressively riding the slide release with my off-hand.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-12-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Any mention of who makes these for X-Tech?

It would REALLY be in HK's best interest to make a flush fitting 17 rounder for this pistol, but thats what HK is all about, dreams and wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    It would REALLY be in HK's best interest to make a flush fitting 17 rounder for this pistol, but thats what HK is all about, dreams and wishes.
    Rather than trying to stuff as many rounds as they can into a magazine, HK P30 and VP9 full sized mags may only hold 15 rounds, but they are dead reliable and durable. There is a reason why they were designed to only hold 15 rounds within their size constraints of fitting flush.

From John P Correia on facebook, he is the guy who has that active self protection youtube channel that has videos of gunfights from all over the world (https://www.facebook.com/JohnPCorrei...51393405064469):

"My P30 has all kinds of problems but totally constrained to the new release aftermarket 17-round flush fit mags I was testing. Went back to factory mags and all was smooth as buttah."

As the late Pat Rogers would say, they call that a clue.

I would gladly trade two rounds for greater reliability and durability.

I have experienced problems with 17 round M&P9 mags where the rounds got wedged together inside the magazine. It seems in order to allow the mags to fit 17 rounds, the mags are a tiny bit too wide, and thus allow two rounds to sometimes get wedged together under certain circumstances.

I have had this happen with four or five different magazines, even after adding stronger ISMI springs to the magazine. I have also had this happen with different ammo, including Black Hills and Winchester Ranger.

Below are some pictures I took of what it looked like. A simple rap on the bottom did nothing. It is hard to tell what is going on, but bear in mind, the rounds are locked together about an inch down into the magazine and got that way during normal magazine loading.

Below are pictures that I have taken of the wedged rounds in M&P9 magazines:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ed L; 12-15-2019 at 12:43 AM.

duplicate post
    Last edited by Ed L; 12-15-2019 at 12:43 AM.

User Tag List